My RCIA group leaders support Obama
I decided to get confirmed in the "modern" church because they allow a Latin mass there. Maybe it won't be as bad, or so I thought. I listen to these people talk about their support for Obama and it has me bewildered. Next, the woman in charge continually talks bad about the people in this most rural community where I grew up and how "racist" and ignorant everybody is there. She apparently has a Mexican husband and tells these tales of alleged racial abuse that sound like sound bites and cliches that have been rehearsed ad nauseum. Its funny though, because both my mother and me had Mexican friends in the area when we grew up there, which was waaaaaaaay before she moved to the area. Next, she seems to never tire of telling me she was in the military and constantly suffered discrimination due to being a woman. (Again, her stories sound rehearsed). Finally, she never makes eye contact with me which I find odd. Her husband rehearsed the "culture of death" cliche uttered by Pope John Paul II using abortion as his only real example. Actually abortion is part of the culture of life promoted by the U.S. which states that anything interfering with a good life should be terminated immediately, including one's self if you aren't enjoying a coke and a smile. The worship and expectation of a good life on earth is the real reason why abortion and suicide are so popular in the U.S., along with divorce. It is not a "culture of death" at all, but rather a satanic worship of life.

So this is my Catholic Church huh? 1. No eye contact 2. Cliches about how racist rural white people are 3. Cliches about sexism against women in the labor market 4. Support for Obama 5. Reheased answers about the horrors of abortion being part of a culture of death (which it isn't). I'm astounded by the people in charge of the RCIA program. I'll still get confirmed, mainly because I'm attempting to strengthen my soul and improve my courage to reach more people, but what a turn off! The first time I attempted to go through RCIA in the "modern" church, they made a big point of telling us that salvation was possible outside of the church. We all had to say it out loud. (No kidding either). My sponsor apologized for his lack of interest in me later on but I had also lost interest largely as a result of that horror. I think the real church is underground now.

I could tell stories about "racist" people too. However the great majority of them are not Catholic. I have no doubt that we can find our share of bad people though. If that person doesn't like the people she is supposed to serve then why does she live there?
(01-09-2013, 05:29 AM)mistman Wrote: The first time I attempted to go through RCIA in the "modern" church, they made a big point of telling us that salvation was possible outside of the church. We all had to say it out loud. (No kidding either).

[Image: img7.jpg]

First thing I thought of.  Make no mistake, they are brainwashing people.  Its bull and its not Catholic. 
Scandal is all too common today. Don't let it come between you and Christ. If your RCIA director actually promotes the president's agenda in meetings, I would inform your parish priest. He probably trusts that things are being well managed in his absence, and deserves to know what's happening in his parish.
(01-09-2013, 11:26 AM)Richard C Wrote: Scandal is all too common today. Don't let it come between you and Christ. If your RCIA director actually promotes the president's agenda in meetings, I would inform your parish priest. He probably trusts that things are being well managed in his absence, and deserves to know what's happening in his parish.

The parish priest is more likely 100% on board with what the RCIA director is spouting and probably made the appointment himself.
(01-09-2013, 12:40 PM)cunctas_haereses Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 11:26 AM)Richard C Wrote: Scandal is all too common today. Don't let it come between you and Christ. If your RCIA director actually promotes the president's agenda in meetings, I would inform your parish priest. He probably trusts that things are being well managed in his absence, and deserves to know what's happening in his parish.

The parish priest is more likely 100% on board with what the RCIA director is spouting and probably made the appointment himself.
You beat me to saying this response. I agree; if the priest relegates his teaching responsibilities to others, he probably isn't passionate about teaching truth.
(01-09-2013, 03:10 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 12:40 PM)cunctas_haereses Wrote:

You beat me to saying this response. I agree; if the priest relegates his teaching responsibilities to others, he probably isn't passionate about teaching truth.

I don't know if that's fair. The man may be extremely overworked.

He may not know that the Democratic Party is running his RCIA program. The OP ought to speak with him about it right away. Then the truth will out.
So many are brain washed today, and it's very sad. Certainly there has been and will be racism, we are sinful creatures. The part which gets me is the idea that an entire group in a specific location are entirely racist, that's all of them are evil. I hear similar here except it's many times all the downstaters are  hill billies and are stupid inbred hateful and racist. It's taboo to say zilch here about blacks, and puerto ricans, and mexicans.

Obama is a transforming leader, and when he is through the republicans will be marginalized, and all the liberal propaganda will be Gospel. He is the best Apostle of Alinsky that has come down the pike. Alinsky started here in the days directly after WWII here with the blessings of the Archdiocese so we know that commie very well.

tim
I wouldn't worry about the eye contact- may just not want to engage in debate or showing submissiveness. I admit I don't give eye contact if I don't want to engage in more than superficial conversation. I also notice I avoid eye contact if I don't paticularly respect people- like an unconscious thing where I can't even look you in the eye because of whatever- usually family due to them adoring anything but God. I suppose they think I am odd and come across as aloof. For me it's more of a hold your tongue, hold your eye contact and hold your heart. How can a Catholic not be hurt when they witness contempt for God even on CHRISTMAS - a HOLYDAY. So I am very guarded and I believe it will become so for many Catholics from now on. There are practicing Catholics- and then there are non practicing Catholics, cultural Catholics, confused Catholics and weak Catholics and indifferent Catholics, just like consecrated religious etc. At least the church militant is praying for them.

I am not surprised you expirienced that in RCIA. You just have to be aware and keep on, sort the garbage from the jewels, and thank God you can actually see through the gunk.

I think those of us that went back through RCIA, or Adult confirmation like myself, or were in the wrong liberal Catholic parish can share some incorrect catholic teachings.
RCIA was pretty bad for me as well. My sponsor hardly spoke to me at all and since the date of entrance into the Church I have not seen nor spoken to him. As for being taught the Faith, it didn't happen. I even got a bunch of chuckles for bringing in a Baltimore Catechism and had to sit through a bunch of the RCIA instructors ridiculing the simple cut and dried format of that catechism. It was more a share your feelings gabfest than anything else. In the end I stuck it out because I wanted to enter the Church, period, close the book. Just learn the faith as best you can, pray for people and for graces for yourself and try to find a good parish if you can once you are in the Church. All I can say is that if you want to be a good faithful traditional Catholic than you will be an outsider in most places, not just in society but in the Church as well. Just get used to being odd man out. Whenever I get down I think of our Lord when He said "foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." Christ was reviled and ostracized and misunderstood too. We shouldn't expect anything different even though it would be nice.