Paul VI's mom's masonic tomb
Allen wrote

"I liked the part in the Shoes of the Fisherman where the newly elected Pope removes it (tiara), stating, "Christ was crowned with thorns."

Indeed. I can imagine that if St. Francis of Assisi were elected Pope, he may have done much the same thing, since Franciscans tend to be minimalistic, and reject pomp and show. Not that there's anything instrinsically wrong with the tiara, of course. But I think that Paul Vl may have been a bit of a minimalist (given the minimalistic qualities of the NOM). I don't think that the issue with the tiara is proof at all that Paul Vl was a freemason. I still haven't seen anything else which proves it, either. Though I do find it troubling that there's a masonic symbol on the Montini tomb (if it really is the Montini Tomb). But that's no proof.
(01-09-2013, 09:40 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 07:02 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 06:49 PM)Dino Wrote: What's worse having his Mother buried in a Masonic tomb or giving away the Papal Tiara to the United Nations???

Would Pope Benedict XV calling for the creation of the League of Nations be worse?

Also, Paul VI donated his papal tiara to the  Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. 

Paul VI actually sold the Tiara. It was bought by the Church (funded by the K of C IIRC) in the USA. The effort to buy the crown was led by NY's Cardinal Spellman.

That's my understanding as well. But, it is also my understanding that the proceeds went to the UN.

The same UN that Montini called "the only hope for our world".

And whether he donated it, sold it, or auctioned it, how on earth was it his to begin with? I believe it belongs to the Church.

It is symbolic of giving away the Kingdom.

So go ahead all you guys and joke about how ugly it was or how it might break his neck. You won't see me laughing about it.

In words and deeds, Montini crowned the UN, or even some kind of New World Order as the usurper of Christ's Church.

He passed the mantle, so to speak.

He also gave us a New Mass and declared the smoke of Satan had entered the sanctuary. On the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul no less. Was that a lament, or was it an announcement to the world that basically meant mission accomplished?

By the way his Papal name is worth contemplating as well. Paul, as you all probably know, is used by Prots to justify, incorrectly, that one can enter the Kingdom of Heaven by "Faith Alone". Anyone else see a connection with the new Protestant friendly Mass?

Final thought. Giving up the Papal Tiara could be also interpreted as saying, "I will not serve".

Now you will have to excuse me because I seemed to have lost my keys. I must look for them. Hope I did not toss them out by accident.

Good analysis Adam, 'cept the shot at us laughing. That's more like Buckwheat whisling in the dark !

tim
This is nothing.

I have it on very good authority that Paul VI's mother was photographed wearing an APRON!!!!!

[Image: 31188]
What's your point?  I wear an apron in the kitchin too.... :jabs:
(01-10-2013, 04:54 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: This is nothing.

I have it on very good authority that Paul VI's mother was photographed wearing an APRON!!!!!

[Image: 31188]

Yes, it looks a bit like a FM apron, but I am sure that the "canneloni" she is preparing are kosher.
[Image: h6B7046E7]
(01-10-2013, 05:23 PM)Allan Wrote: What's your point?  I wear an apron in the kitchin too.... :jabs:

You're not Paul VI's MOTHER!!!!   :draw:
(01-10-2013, 01:52 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 09:40 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 07:02 PM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 06:49 PM)Dino Wrote: What's worse having his Mother buried in a Masonic tomb or giving away the Papal Tiara to the United Nations???

Would Pope Benedict XV calling for the creation of the League of Nations be worse?

Also, Paul VI donated his papal tiara to the  Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. 

Paul VI actually sold the Tiara. It was bought by the Church (funded by the K of C IIRC) in the USA. The effort to buy the crown was led by NY's Cardinal Spellman.

That's my understanding as well. But, it is also my understanding that the proceeds went to the UN.

The same UN that Montini called "the only hope for our world".

And whether he donated it, sold it, or auctioned it, how on earth was it his to begin with? I believe it belongs to the Church.

It is symbolic of giving away the Kingdom.

So go ahead all you guys and joke about how ugly it was or how it might break his neck. You won't see me laughing about it.

In words and deeds, Montini crowned the UN, or even some kind of New World Order as the usurper of Christ's Church.

He passed the mantle, so to speak.

He also gave us a New Mass and declared the smoke of Satan had entered the sanctuary. On the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul no less. Was that a lament, or was it an announcement to the world that basically meant mission accomplished?

By the way his Papal name is worth contemplating as well. Paul, as you all probably know, is used by Prots to justify, incorrectly, that one can enter the Kingdom of Heaven by "Faith Alone". Anyone else see a connection with the new Protestant friendly Mass?

Final thought. Giving up the Papal Tiara could be also interpreted as saying, "I will not serve".

Now you will have to excuse me because I seemed to have lost my keys. I must look for them. Hope I did not toss them out by accident.

( :pray2: ... that you may find your keys.)

This subject is new to me.  If the historical details you relate here are true, Adam, I agree with your take 100%.  In any case, I very much share your sympathies.
(01-10-2013, 06:30 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote:
(01-10-2013, 05:23 PM)Allan Wrote: What's your point?  I wear an apron in the kitchin too.... :jabs:

You're not Paul VI's MOTHER!!!!   :draw:

Where's Bat Boy when you need him?