Fav hot sauce?
I like Frank's, but my favorite would have to be those years where we grow giant cayennes and make our own. The first year we did this, we forgot to open all doors and windows. Never made that mistake again. Pheo's right. Spicy food is delicious.  :)
Tabasco sauce is from Louisianna.
(01-15-2013, 01:39 AM)Poche Wrote: Tabasco sauce is from Louisianna.

I love it, but I go through it too quickly.
(01-12-2013, 11:04 PM)Joshua Wrote: I make a number of my own salsas from fresh chiles and spices that blow nearly everything I've ever bought out of the water ... but my favorite commercial hot sauce is definitely Sriracha

I love that one too.  But I don't always want the garlic, that's why I don't buy it anymore. 

You must reveal some of your recipes.  Have you ever used papaya in a hot sauce?  The papaya sauces I've had were Heavenly.  :eats:
(01-15-2013, 10:20 AM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 11:04 PM)Joshua Wrote: I make a number of my own salsas from fresh chiles and spices that blow nearly everything I've ever bought out of the water ... but my favorite commercial hot sauce is definitely Sriracha

I love that one too.  But I don't always want the garlic, that's why I don't buy it anymore. 

You must reveal some of your recipes.  Have you ever used papaya in a hot sauce?  The papaya sauces I've had were Heavenly.  :eats:

I agree. Sometimes the garlic hit isn't appreciated in every dish. I actually haven't used papaya (great idea that I will explore though!), but fruit and chiles definitely work well together. I've used mango and peach with habanero which is a delicious combination, and I also used a bit of pineapple juice with chile guajillo for Tacos al Pastor, one of my favorite Mexican dishes!  :)

Roasted Tomato Chipotle Salsa.  :P  I make it myself. I have about 20 pints canned up. It should last awhile.
Cholula Hot Sauce; not vinegary, not lip-searing hot and not over-powering; a tasty, aged blend of several peppers.
Glad people like Cholula ;)
I wish Sriracha was a little hotter, but its my favorite mainstream, easy to find, hot sauce.
(01-16-2013, 05:39 PM)candyapple Wrote: Glad people like Cholula ;)

Cholula is pretty yummy, and it's distributed in dear 'ole El Paso where I reside! :)
Only one? Gosh that's hard to figure. I do like chili oil on popcorn. Then I put some sea salt on there....That's really good!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.