Williamson to consecrate a bishop??
(01-13-2013, 10:58 PM)Whitey Wrote: I don't think +Williamson answers to the SSPX these days.

+Pheiffer

Has a nice ring to it doesn't it ?  :)

Oh, Whitey.  :((
(01-13-2013, 10:58 PM)Whitey Wrote: I don't think +Williamson answers to the SSPX these days.

+Pheiffer

I thought it was (Bishop)  Pfeiffer .....
(01-13-2013, 11:36 PM)francisco Wrote:

+Pheiffer

I thought it was (Bishop)  Pfeiffer .....

The H is silent.
We already talk about Thuc line bishops, perhaps some day we will speak of Williamson line ones as well.
(01-14-2013, 12:02 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote: We already talk about Thuc line bishops, perhaps some day we will speak of Williamson line ones as well.

No one denies Bishop WIlliamson is a valid bishop and has the ability to validity to consecrate valid bishops. 
What is required for a new Catholic bishop?

What is your opinion of three or more Catholic bishops consecrating a bishop without the Pope, as was done prior to the 1917 Code of Canon Law?
Yea, it's Fr. Pfeiffer

my bad

The excitement and drama distracted me  :)
(01-14-2013, 12:04 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(01-14-2013, 12:02 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote: We already talk about Thuc line bishops, perhaps some day we will speak of Williamson line ones as well.

No one denies Bishop WIlliamson is a valid bishop and has the ability to validity to consecrate valid bishops. 

And Fr Pfeiffer ≠ Jean Laborie.  Not even by a remote long-shot.
(01-14-2013, 12:04 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

I don't think any denied Thuc was a valid bishop, they denied that he was mentally capable of consecrating bishops.  I could see people saying similar things about Wililamson, taking the Holocaust denial angle.  It would take some work, though. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I was not commenting so much on Williamson and who he decides to consecrate as a bishop, as I was on the future potential for some questionable consecrations in the future by the new bishop. When you look at the lineages of various episcopi vagantes, the quality of the new bishops always seems to get worse over time.