Catholic periodicals
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, solid, doctrinally sound Catholic newspaper or magizine. The newspaper that the Archdiocese gives out here costs money and the Cardinal kicks priests out for being good priests so I don't want to support anything that goes to him. I'd like to get a Catholic newspaper or magizine but I don't know of any good ones that aren't completely modern.
The Angelus (bi-monthly) and the Remnant (bi-weekly) are both good and have cheap e-editions if you're interested.
The New Oxford Review.  Always a good read, especially the book reviews.  I've discovered a few books I've really enjoyed by reading the review in NOR first.
Catholic Family News.
Well, here are a couple:  The Four Marks http://www.thefourmarks.com
                                              The Reign of Mary http://www.cmri.org

(01-14-2013, 05:39 PM)Jacob Wrote: The New Oxford Review.  Always a good read, especially the book reviews.  I've discovered a few books I've really enjoyed by reading the review in NOR first.

:amen:
I subscribe to the Remnant after stopping my Catholic Answers subscription and enjoy it alot. I've read an issue of Catholic Family News and it was solid. The Angelus seems, from what I can tell online, to be well done.
My wife and I get The Remnant, Catholic Family News, The Angelus, and From the Housetops.
As said earlier The Remnant, and I recommend Culture Wars Magazine.
Ok so I've kind of been researching since you guys have responded and I think I have it narrowed down to the Remnant and the New Oxford Review. Is there anyone who can kind of explain the pros and cons of each? I just don't want to spend money on something that I end up regretting. I did order the free copy of the Remnant that they offer on their website though! I'm looking forward to getting that.