Where CAF Gets it Wrong
(12-22-2013, 12:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I'm not sure what that means, Clare.. Is that a good thing --- or a bad thing? I think Ethel would say it's a bad thing LOL

Well, I've given this a great deal of thought.  Fred was both the owner and maintenance man of the apartment building -- just as you are the owner and maintainer of Fisheaters.  And when the hijinx got out of hand, Fred would step in and give that loud whistle of his to quiet things down.  That reminds me very much of your role as moderator.

I tried to find the most feminine picture of Fred that I could, because you are a woman, after all.

So, to pose this in the form of an analogy:

JReducation:Isaac Asimov::Vox Clamantis:Fred Mertz
Maybe Sirach is upset because people feel the need to continually slam someone she knows.  "Character assassination " sounds about right. 

People here were getting super upset over what is being said at CathInfo, yet worse things are being said here.

This whole thread has nothing to do "fraternal correction" and everything to do with throwing a guy whom you disagree with under the bus - despite his opinions mirror that of the last trhee popes.  Then again, maybe that's the real part of the problem.

But hey, keep on keeping on.  Just know this entire thread paints "trads" in a negative light, especially when juxtaposed with "trads are charitable, those 'other' rads are bad news!"
(12-22-2013, 08:33 AM)Melchior Wrote: Maybe Sirach is upset because people feel the need to continually slam someone she knows.  "Character assassination " sounds about right. 

People here were getting super upset over what is being said at CathInfo, yet worse things are being said here.

This whole thread has nothing to do "fraternal correction" and everything to do with throwing a guy whom you disagree with under the bus - despite his opinions mirror that of the last trhee popes.  Then again, maybe that's the real part of the problem.

But hey, keep on keeping on.  Just know this entire thread paints "trads" in a negative light, especially when juxtaposed with "trads are charitable, those 'other' rads are bad news!"

And this completely dodges the fact that this fellow has been telling untruths for years.  His history is filled with contradictions and outright lies.  I am not pretending in any sense that this is fraternal correction.  This is exposing a manipulative, faceless, internet personality that is being canonised over at that forum.

Everything you've said here... what are your thoughts about his lies?
(12-22-2013, 09:11 AM)Melchior Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 08:35 AM)Prie dieu Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 08:33 AM)Melchior Wrote: Maybe Sirach is upset because people feel the need to continually slam someone she knows.  "Character assassination " sounds about right. 

And this completely dodges the fact that this fellow has been telling untruths for years.  His history is filled with contradictions and outright lies.  I am not pretending in any sense that this is fraternal correction.  This is exposing a manipulative, faceless, internet personality that is being canonised over at that forum.

The theology he talks about, which he is an expert on, is truthful and orthodox.  It mirrors that of the last three Popes, as well as being constant with Franciscan spirituality.  I asked him for reference materials on the latter, which he provided and I read (Duns Scotus is a personal favorite of mine, had no idea who he was under Brother introduced me to him).  He's on the up and up in those areas. 

He also isn't faceless. The ministry he runs is a public one, it's not hard to put a name to the face. 

So I guess that leaves details of his personal life which you have issues with.  He made some comments in this area to a couple of people here, no?  Of course those weren't satisfactory - nothing said by the man will satisfy anyone..  But by all means, continue piling on a guy with health problems who spends his time training men who want to join the consecrated life, and saving babies and old people from dying.

Nothing will satisfy.  And IMHO, it's solely because you disagree with him on theological matters.  If he was a "trad", you'd defend him.

Cheers, and happy Advent.

You are being entirely too dismissive and you're making some assumptions that are not grounded in fact.  Theologically I have no bones to pick with him, I think he's right on a great many things.  I don't personally like how he holds himself up in a sense as the final abitrator of all things Franciscan.  I know a Franciscan or two that would heartily disagree with him.  I also don't agree with his reading of the current climate in the Church.  But as I said, I believe most of what he says on doctrine is entirely orthodox.

What I have a problem with is a) his cult of personality and b) his blatant and outright lies which once again you have chosen to ignore.  You're dodging this something fierce.  You're bringing up matters that have absolutely nothing to do with this.  You have tried to dismiss this all as some political BS that "trads" are getting up to.  You then try and paint it as if were bullying a sick old man.  You are trying everything you can but you haven't once mentioned the documented lies and falsehoods that he has spread about himself.

Br JR's orthodoxy has nothing to do with this.

This is about the web of lies he has spun.  And yet you, like a good little devotee of the Cult of JR, continue to defend him against the indefensible.  You haven't once addressed his lies.
(12-22-2013, 08:18 AM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 12:15 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: I'm not sure what that means, Clare.. Is that a good thing --- or a bad thing? I think Ethel would say it's a bad thing LOL

Well, I've given this a great deal of thought.  Fred was both the owner and maintenance man of the apartment building -- just as you are the owner and maintainer of Fisheaters.  And when the hijinx got out of hand, Fred would step in and give that loud whistle of his to quiet things down.  That reminds me very much of your role as moderator.

I tried to find the most feminine picture of Fred that I could, because you are a woman, after all.

So, to pose this in the form of an analogy:

JREducation:Isaac Asimov::Vox Clamantis:Fred Mertz

That's MR. MERTZ to you :P

Apparent contradictions - only if you are looking for fault.

Someone can be born Jewish (and they remain Jewish culturally ) and be converted to Catholicism.
Someone can be a Capuchin, and later get permission to start a smaller independent community that remains Franciscan.
Someone can have kids and later go on to religious life or even the priesthood.
A Franciscan can be a superior (local ordinary) and yet not ordained.

Everyone's life is full of apparent contradictions, which are explainable only if you bother to ask and then listen to the person.

No-one's path is arrow straight. It's only when we look back that we see God acting in our life.
(12-24-2013, 01:26 AM)triumphguy Wrote:

My life is filled with apparent contradictions. That's not the point. Read the last few pages of this thread and see what has been written. He isn't embracing his Jewish heritage as an ethnicity; he is honoring Judaism, an anti-Christ religion, and "revering" rabbis. He said that for three days he hadn't heard about the Pope's having resigned, recounted a conversation he had about that, called that something like a really great thing in his life (I paraphrase; go back and read it) -- and it was all untrue. There's something wonky going on here that has nothing to do with complicated life stories, of which I am the queen. Someone who is lauding rabbinic Talmudism while trying to make trads look bad has a serious problem. That he is in a position to spread that sort of attitude to folks at the biggest Catholic forum on the internet is an even more serious problem. And I say this as someone who, in the past, has posted comments like you just did, trying to explain discrepancies such that he is given the benefit of the doubt -- sonmething I am VERY keen on doing.

Apparent contradictions - only if you are looking for fault.

Someone can be born Jewish (and they remain Jewish culturally ) and be converted to Catholicism.
Someone can be a Capuchin, and later get permission to start a smaller independent community that remains Franciscan.
Someone can have kids and later go on to religious life or even the priesthood.
A Franciscan can be a superior (local ordinary) and yet not ordained.

Everyone's life is full of apparent contradictions, which are explainable only if you bother to ask and then listen to the person.

No-one's path is arrow straight. It's only when we look back that we see God acting in our life.
(12-21-2013, 08:34 PM)Sirach2 Wrote: I see that you re-registered under an alias at F.E. simply to further the assassination of this religious brother in your very first post. 
Ya know, pal, some of us have a special gift of the Holy Spirit called "discernment of spirits."

I assume you are referring to me.  I have not reregistered at all.  In fact, this is my first time on since Friday. (ETA: I did check my PM on CAF on the weekend).

Quote:There is no time or space, since God is present everywhere --- but simply being in the presence of your vicious post makes my soul shudder at the evil presence I detect behind it.  May God have mercy on you.

Wow.  That was quite judgemental.  Evil presence?  You don't know me at all...

Quote:Interestingly, the reading for evening prayer, Dec. 21 today, goes, "Stop passing judgment before the time of the Lord's return.  He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and manifest the INTENTIONS of hearts."   
You may get away with this now, but there will be a day when all will be made known.  In fact, I think I know  who you are.  Shame.

I humbly offer that it is you that should listen to the reading of the evening prayer.  What you have said about me is so far beyond anything I ever even insinuated on CAF.  The irony is rather thick, given all the talk of charity, etc.  And no, you don't know who I am.  I promise that :)

+ PAX
(12-22-2013, 01:03 AM)Sirach2 Wrote: Well, Qui habet aures is a woman.  I took screen shots of exit times for both the regular poster and her new alias, almost the same.  Just so the person knows that I know.

I don't even know how to take screen shots (which is why I didn't when Vox suggested it).  As far trads being paranoid and prone to conspiracy theories, I think you fit right in Sirach2.  We've figured it out... you're a crypto-trad!  ;)

+ PAX
Jesse,

If you followed the sequence of posting, I responded immediately after the post made by Qui Habet Aures, and it was to that person I addressed my reply --- not to you.  I guess you figured it out after you saw that I identified the person who wrote that post as being a woman, and that particular woman is the person who re-registered as Qui.