Is Panpsychism compatible with Thomism?
To note, I am not talking about the idealistic version where it falls into the error of monism nor would this be the Panpsychism advocated that leads to some sort of cosmic mind or even pantheism, but a softer version such as Panexperientialism or Panprotoexperientialism. I've been wondering as of late if Neo-Scholastic Thomism can be compatible with such theories, so far I see them as congruent but would like to see the opinions of others here. I have seen an Aristotelian, forgiven me I cannot remember his name, reconciled panpsychism with Aristotelian metaphysics, so it might be possible to do so as a Thomist if it doesn't violate rules such as the Four Causes. To any inquiry to why would I entertain such an idea, I think there is serious errors with the materialist mechanical universe models that been pushed on us since Descartes and the (anti)Enlightenment Era and would rather instead of reconciling with these models, find a more congruent model with metaphysics. I wouldn't label me as a foundationalist by that last remark but a skeptic of what is being purported today in science as absolute. And it's strange to, on one hand we'll accept the mechanical model for inanimate things and even for self-motion processes in the universe yet when the materialist will bring his model to the arena of mind/souls where philosopher of mind debate, we'll resist him with all our intellectual might.

Thoughts?
It is certainly compatible with Aristotle and his Islamic commentators, so Saint Thomas opens a "back door" to the concept by utilizing Aristotelian ideas; but that is actually one of the things that perturbed many conservative theologians of his time, and lead to a temporary condemnation of his works.  Thomists had to work to show how panpsychism wasn't true, in order to justify Saint Thomas.  Descartes might be problematic, but so is thinking, as Averroes and Avicinna did, that the human person is a meat camera for the Intellect of the Moon.