Sharp Increase in Demonic Activity Over the Last Four Years
(01-29-2013, 07:16 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 07:01 PM)verenaerin Wrote: A demon? The real question would be "how many?". He is the most powerful leader of the world, trained by known communists, and has absolutely no allegiance to any Christian value. He's got an entorage. We know that there are those who willfully chose to be possessed. He could be one of them, or more likely, those that pull his strings.

1 Are you referring to Roosevelt?

(01-29-2013, 07:01 PM)verenaerin Wrote: We teach our children that they have two angels following them, one good and one bad, fighting for control of their will and soul. If a demon would take the time to say, tempt my 4 year old into stealing something, then what do you think Satan assigns to our leaders.

2 I would never teach my children that.  No mentally balanced Catholic would.  "Hey, sweetie, happy sixth birthday and always remember that you have an evil angel following you everywhere you go. Love ya!"

(01-29-2013, 07:01 PM)verenaerin Wrote: We are in war. We don't know what is going to happen in the future, and neither does Satan. But we both know that the Consecration will be done. Many speculate/ fearfully hope in 2017. I am sure Satan has considered that as well. So wouldn't it make sense fer him to attack us with everything he's got? He might only have 4 more years till the Triumph of our Blessed Queen. After that, things will be a lot different.

3 So God sets His watch according to American electoral cycles?  *long low whistle*

(01-29-2013, 07:01 PM)verenaerin Wrote: We have hope. Our hope and confidence is in a Mother who loves us more then any mother in the world. It is she that will protect us and direct us to Her Son. She knows how great our reward is in Heaven. And desires nothing more then for us to join her there. So let us take up our Rosaries, and pray them faithfully. Have confidence that as this world sinks lower and lower into depravity, we will be raised higher and higher in the ranks of the Church Militant.

4 I think you should put your hope in Christ, y'know, the Redeemer of the World.  He's a lot bigger than mean, scary old Mr. O

1. No
2. Baltimore Catechism Question 23
    What happened to the angels who did not remain faithful to God?
        "...The bad angels use their great power and knowledge to tempt us to sin. But our guardian angel helps us not to listen       
          to the bad angels."
3. Your response has nothing to do with what I wrote.
4. "Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!..."
(01-29-2013, 08:57 AM)GeorgeT Wrote: I was working on the night Obama was first elected. When the news came in, you had a sense that more demons were being released from hell. There was nothing that I could specifically say was proof of this. The only thing that was different was that a person almost died and the conditions of other people deteriorated.

I don't think that the increase in demonic activity had anything to do with him.  My husband and I are convinced that the release of the TLM by Summorum Pontificum (not sure of spellling) in 2007 has satan and his minions more than a little miffed and what we are witnessing is the reaction against the TLM.
(01-29-2013, 07:01 PM)verenaerin Wrote: 1. No
        "...The bad angels use their great power and knowledge to tempt us to sin. But our guardian angel helps us not to listen         
          to the bad angels."
4. "Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!..."

1. Sounds just like him.
2. You're quoting a children's catechism? I grew up at a certain point and learned to appreciate nuance; developed critical thinking skills; and progressed to a modestly higher level of intellectual and, please God, spiritual engagement.  In any case, it says nothing about "following them"
3. Sure it does
4. Seriously? Yeah, ok....
(01-29-2013, 08:02 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
(01-29-2013, 07:01 PM)verenaerin Wrote: 1. No
          to the bad angels."

1. Sounds just like him.
2. You're quoting a children's catechism? I grew up at a certain point and learned to appreciate nuance; developed critical thinking skills; and progressed to a modestly higher level of intellectual and, please God, spiritual engagement.  In any case, it says nothing about "following them"
3. Sure it does
4. Seriously? Yeah, ok....

1. OK
2. Ever hear of familial demons?
3. I don't think you are familiar with Fatima. The 4 more years I am talking about have nothing to do with the election.
4. Exactly.

(01-29-2013, 07:01 PM)verenaerin Wrote: 1. OK
3. I don't think you are familiar with Fatima. The 4 more years I am talking about have nothing to do with the election.
4. Exactly.

1. Great there's one down
2. Familial demons are evangelical horseshit (primarily) relating to inter-generational curses. They are not Catholic and they have nothing to do with the "bad angels" that allegedly follow your children around. 
3. I'm quite familiar with Fatima, thanks. You appear more interested in numerology than solid theology. That 17 sure is a lucky number!
4. Want to quote prayers? Ok, here's one:

"For thou art my patience, O Lord: my hope, O Lord, from my youth;"  (Psalm 71:5 / Douay, of course)

And just an aside, according to the Holy Roman Church, the above is the inspired Word of God. Alas, the Salve is not

Quote: We judge nothing more powerful and better for this purpose than by religion and devotion to deserve well of the great Mother of God, the Virgin Mary, who is the treasurer [sequestra] of our peace with God, and the mediatrix [administra] of graces...."   

it is right to say, that nothing at all of that very great treasury of all grace which the Lord brought us--for 'grace and truth came through Jesus Christ' [Jn 1.17]--nothing is imparted to us except through Mary, since God so wills, so that just as no one can come to the Father except through the Son, so in general, no one can come to Christ except through His Mother.

Now from this common sharing of will and suffering between Christ and Mary, she 'merited to become most worthily the Reparatrix of the lost world' [Eadmer, De Excellentia Virginis Mariae, 9] and therefore Dispensatrix of all the gifts which Jesus gained for us by His Death and by His Blood.... But Mary as St. Bernard fittingly remarks [De Aquaeductu 4] is the 'channel' or, even, the neck, through which the body is joined to the head,

we know also that all things are imparted to us from God the Greatest and Best, through the hands of the Mother of God.
Leo XIII
St. Pius X,
Pope Pius XI
Brendan,
What are you going to do in 11 months when Obama's health plan requirements are going to kick in requiring you to fund abortions?  You dropping coverage?
(01-29-2013, 08:47 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
4. Exactly.

2. Familial demons are evangelical horseshit (primarily) relating to inter-generational curses. They are not Catholic and they have nothing to do with the "bad angels" that allegedly follow your children around. 
3. I'm quite familiar with Fatima, thanks. You appear more interested in numerology than solid theology. That 17 sure is a lucky number!

"For thou art my patience, O Lord: my hope, O Lord, from my youth;"  (Psalm 71:5 / Douay, of course)

And just an aside, according to the Holy Roman Church, the above is the inspired Word of God. Alas, the Salve is not

Such sophomoric smugness!  You sound like a Baptist Convert.
(01-29-2013, 09:14 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: We judge nothing more powerful and better for this purpose than by religion and devotion to deserve well of the great Mother of God, the Virgin Mary, who is the treasurer [sequestra] of our peace with God, and the mediatrix [administra] of graces...."   

it is right to say, that nothing at all of that very great treasury of all grace which the Lord brought us--for 'grace and truth came through Jesus Christ' [Jn 1.17]--nothing is imparted to us except through Mary, since God so wills, so that just as no one can come to the Father except through the Son, so in general, no one can come to Christ except through His Mother.

Now from this common sharing of will and suffering between Christ and Mary, she 'merited to become most worthily the Reparatrix of the lost world' [Eadmer, De Excellentia Virginis Mariae, 9] and therefore Dispensatrix of all the gifts which Jesus gained for us by His Death and by His Blood.... But Mary as St. Bernard fittingly remarks [De Aquaeductu 4] is the 'channel' or, even, the neck, through which the body is joined to the head,

we know also that all things are imparted to us from God the Greatest and Best, through the hands of the Mother of God.
Leo XIII
St. Pius X,
Pope Pius XI

Oooooo kaaaaaay. What's your point, James? I'm not following you here, big guy
(01-29-2013, 08:47 PM)BrendanD Wrote:
4. Exactly.

1. I am glad we can agree on something.
2. I don't see why it's such a stretch to imagine that a demon follows you around to tempt you. Are you suggesting that they can't? Also, many exorcists have written about familial demons. I invite you to read up on it. It can be very helpful for those families with those types of problems.
3. I am glad you are familiar with Fatima. I have no idea how you got numerology and lucky numbers from what I wrote. I honestly have no idea what you are saying.
4. Thanks for pointing that out. Being that the Blessed Mother has requested that we say the Rosary, and that the Salve Regina is included, I feel confident in believing what it says. Also, many Popes and saints have written about the wonderous graces that can be obtained by saying the Rosary. Once again, the Salve is included, so I am confident that it does not challenge any doctrines of faith.

Have you ever read anything by St. Louis de Montforte?