New "Pope App" Launched
Quote:The new app provides live streaming of papal events and video feeds from the Vatican’s six webcams. It sends out alerts and links to top stories coming out of the Vatican’s many news outlets as well as posts images and quotes from Pope Benedict XVI. The app is still in the 1.0 stage so as updated versions come out, there will be a search function for archived media, and links will eventually be shareable online.

“The Pope App” went live today for iPhone and iPad, while an Android version should be out by the end of February. It’s currently available in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Italian.
http://cnsblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/...pp-titude/

It is being released in conjunction with the papal message for World Communications Day, which is given on the Feast Day of St. Francis de Sales.  Here is this year's:http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedi...ay_en.html
It is about social networks.
Quote:The challenge facing social networks is how to be truly inclusive: thus they will benefit from the full participation of believers who desire to share the message of Jesus and the values of human dignity which his teaching promotes. Believers are increasingly aware that, unless the Good News is made known also in the digital world, it may be absent in the experience of many people for whom this existential space is important. The digital environment is not a parallel or purely virtual world, but is part of the daily experience of many people, especially the young. Social networks are the result of human interaction, but for their part they also reshape the dynamics of communication which builds relationships: a considered understanding of this environment is therefore the prerequisite for a significant presence there.

[Image: 552619_462723593749021_1279081114_n.jpg]
I have it already and it is very nice. The only problem I have had has been massive lag in the live event feed, more than in is normal for me. One plus, for Live events an alarm/reminder can be set to remind you to tune in.