Screaming For Mercy
Dear friends and neighbors,

I need your prayers again to beg the Lord to have mercy on me.

In brief, I've been off work for the last couple of weeks due to ending up in the hospital for both my Type 2 diabetes and hiatal hernia. Got the medication for both. However, my mental illnesses have been acting up terribly.

It gets worse. I had a bad case of diarrhea last week. Over the weekend, there was a communication breakdown between my doctor's office and the Human Resource office of my company over S&A paperwork. The diabetes stuff won't be covered. Iffy on the mental illnesses. When the associate to my doctor asked a what-if question about my heading back to work tomorrow or the next day, I couldn't answer.

All I know is this. I don't feel I can go back to work just on the mental stuff alone. But I got rent, phone, electricity and too much credit card debt to pay. And I don't want to move back in with my Dad after 10 years of living on my own. So it seems that I'll have to go on SSDI, but I don't my way around what has to be done to do it right.

So a social worker will be calling me in the next couple of days in this matter. I see my psychologist on Friday.

I am SO SCARED for the short and long term future here. My trust in the Lord is weak as it is. Stuff like this flattens it.

What am I asking then? Prayers that this situation gets untangled. That I don't rub anyone the wrong way as this process gets going. That Jesus will give me grace to know or understand what I'm doing. That I don't freak out big time. That I don't give into the temptation that Jesus is "abandoning me to the wolves", which happens too often.

Thank you all in advance for your prayers. I need them even more that I can say.
:pray:

If you"re going for SSDI, I highly recommend going to an attorney. Most will usually give a free consultation (though i'm not sure how it works outside of Nebraska). At any rate, having a lawyer increases your chances of success.

:pray2:

Try to find a copy of the book The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge.  It has a character in it who offers her mental illness to God.  I think you might find some comfort in it.
I have no experience in these matters but time for a rosary today. You'll be in my prayers.
:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
:pray: :pray: :pray: