No More Communion in the Hand!
(02-07-2013, 08:24 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 08:18 PM)Antonius Josephus Wrote: We can always go medieval and dispense with pews altogether.

Just kidding; my back and knees hurt just thinking about it. Well, I would probably do just fine after a little adjustment, but trying to keep my three year-old in place would be far more painful...

Going back this far, wasn't communion of the faithful only administered well after Mass was over?

No. The Eucharist has always been the focus of the liturgy.
(02-07-2013, 10:46 PM)Azurestone Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 08:18 PM)Antonius Josephus Wrote: We can always go medieval and dispense with pews altogether.

Just kidding; my back and knees hurt just thinking about it. Well, I would probably do just fine after a little adjustment, but trying to keep my three year-old in place would be far more painful...

Going back this far, wasn't communion of the faithful only administered well after Mass was over?

How does this have to do anything with what I asked...
Take pics with cellphone.

Include printouts before removal.

Send to the Bishop and print out pertinent documents regarding CITH.

May heads roll.
(02-07-2013, 06:24 PM)quo warranto Wrote: Because of terrible abuses like this happening in our churches; Isn't it time to put an end to communion in the hand? And how can we make this much needed change happen?

Just to jot back to the original post here, I'm not so sure that restrictiong communion to on the tongue would solve such a problem. It's easily conceivable that someone could simply receive on the tongue, not swallow and then remove the Eucharist from their mouth.
:'(

As in, the administration of Holy Communion?  I don't think that's true.  The Sacrifice was the main focus.  The Consecration.  Holy Communion flows from that and logically completes it, but it isn't THE focus.  There were lots of Masses, even public ones, where no one went to communion.  There still are, though with daily communion it's more rare-- I'm thinking of the Christmas and Easter Masses, where if you've already received, you are not to receive again.
(02-08-2013, 01:35 AM)mortify Wrote:
(02-07-2013, 06:24 PM)quo warranto Wrote: Because of terrible abuses like this happening in our churches; Isn't it time to put an end to communion in the hand? And how can we make this much needed change happen?

Just to jot back to the original post here, I'm not so sure that restrictiong communion to on the tongue would solve such a problem. It's easily conceivable that someone could simply receive on the tongue, not swallow and then remove the Eucharist from their mouth.

True. But me think it less likely do I.  :monstrance:
(02-08-2013, 01:48 AM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote:

As in, the administration of Holy Communion?  I don't think that's true.  The Sacrifice was the main focus.  The Consecration.  Holy Communion flows from that and logically completes it, but it isn't THE focus.  There were lots of Masses, even public ones, where no one went to communion.  There still are, though with daily communion it's more rare-- I'm thinking of the Christmas and Easter Masses, where if you've already received, you are not to receive again.

Communion of the People is not part of the TLM, it is seperate. St. PopePius X started the frequent Communion and lower the age of First Communion. HK can give the history of this.  I don't think it was a good idea all the way round. Just my opinion but familiarity breeds contempt or stuff like this.

tim
(02-08-2013, 01:35 AM)mortify Wrote:

I was thinking this myself but my sister seems to think the host would have been more desolved then it was if that were the case. She thinks the person/people in question moistened the host just before sticking to the underside of the pew. I truly believe, the restriction of communion in the hand, would almost stop these kinds of abuses.
(02-08-2013, 12:52 AM)SMKMI Wrote: Take pics with cellphone.

Include printouts before removal.

Send to the Bishop and print out pertinent documents regarding CITH.

May heads roll.
I think this is a great idea! I will also be sure and have the ones going to the bishop printed out on charmen brand. Probably shouldn't go cheap for his excellencies royal keaster :LOL: