St Malachy
(02-11-2013, 02:32 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 02:28 PM)loggats Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 02:27 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 02:24 PM)loggats Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 02:19 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: What is the prophecy?

It's St Malachy's final prophecy concerning the papacy. The penultimate one is said to refer to Pope Benedict XVI. This is the one that refers to his successor:

In secutione extrema S.R.E. iedebit. Petrus Romanus, qui paicet oues in multis tribulationibus: quibus traniactis ciuitas iepticollis diruetur, & Iudex tremedus iudicabit populum iuum. Finis.

In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit. Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

Thanks.  I see it in this thread too. 

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...961.0.html

This thread came first - accept no imitations.

:hmmm: (new trad here)

Here's how I see it - either the prophecy by St Malachy is genuine, and as a true vision inspired by the Lord of Hosts it deserves our attention.

Or, it's a forgery and a fake and, while entertaining, doesn't give us much information other than to remind us that the end will inevitably come and we should get ourselves in order.
In truth and even thought I know this 'prophesy' is spurious, it has been in the back of my mind.