Our next pope...groups vote
(02-11-2013, 11:54 AM)loggats Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 11:49 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 11:46 AM)Revixit Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 11:27 AM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: Haha there is humor in change - as of February 28th everyone around the world will be a sede vacantist.

Regardless of how the future election turns out, God's will be done in our times :)

We will not be sedevacantists after Pope Benedict's resignation takes effect on February 20.  We will simply be going through an interregnum, the period between two papacies.  We last had an interregnum when Pope John Paul II died.

Um, what do you think a sede vacante is?

Moreover, what do you think sedevacantists believe?  You've just described it.

They believe that the Petrine office has been empty since whatever arbitrary Pope they favour died, ignoring subsequent popes - even though Benedict XVI is still quite visibly there right now, and will be til his resignation.

More important here is the first question: What is a sede vacante?
A. Any time the See of Peter is vacant.

The See of Peter will undoubtedly be vacant from 8pm on the 28th of February until the conclave elects a new Pope.

The rubrical guides for Mass explain what is to be done during a sede vacante because it is a normal occurrence. According to the Ritus Servandus (FSSP's English translation):
Ritus Servandus, VIII, 2 Wrote:When he says: una cum famulo tuo Papa nostro N., he mentions the name of the Pope. But if the Holy See is vacant the aforementioned words are omitted.
I hope he's Cardinal Burke!
I don't normally post here anymore, but the most shocking recent news has made me give into temptation!!

I will be okay with Cardinals Burke, Ranjith,  or maybe Ouellet becoming Pope.... I have my doubts on the first 2 though!
(02-11-2013, 10:21 AM)onosurf Wrote: Some levity among the serious threads...

Media - I hope he's black
Cafeteria Catholics - I hope he updates our religion
Most US Nuns - I hope he is a she
Traditional Catholics - I hope he's CATHOLIC
[Image: 208454Mel_Gibson.jpg]
(02-11-2013, 11:46 AM)Revixit Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 11:27 AM)Aenigmata in Tenebris Wrote: Haha there is humor in change - as of February 28th everyone around the world will be a sede vacantist.

Regardless of how the future election turns out, God's will be done in our times :)

We will not be sedevacantists after Pope Benedict's resignation takes effect on February 20.  We will simply be going through an interregnum, the period between two papacies.  We last had an interregnum when Pope John Paul II died.

I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Oh and...

Sedevacantists hope the Pope is a pope.

I'm not a sede fyi
(02-11-2013, 10:53 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: I hope he's a Thomist.
AMEN!!!
Its been said God sends the leaders we deserve. Secular and religious. In a way we deserved Obama. Which pope do we deserve?
(02-11-2013, 02:28 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: Its been said God sends the leaders we deserve. Secular and religious. In a way we deserved Obama. Which pope do we deserve?

We deserved death, but God sent us His only begotten Son...
(02-11-2013, 01:58 PM)Irish_Ivan Wrote: [Image: 208454Mel_Gibson.jpg]
Do you want  William Wallas or Mel Gibson?