Our next pope...groups vote
(02-11-2013, 02:33 PM)quo warranto Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 01:58 PM)Irish_Ivan Wrote: [Image: 208454Mel_Gibson.jpg]
Do you want  William Wallas or Mel Gibson?

I think he wants Mad Max...

Is this the pope who is resigning?
Harlequin King would make a cool Pope. At least we'd get the sedia gestatoria and the ostrich feathers back.
(02-11-2013, 02:37 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 02:33 PM)quo warranto Wrote:
Do you want  William Wallas or Mel Gibson?

I think he wants Mad Max...

I'd prefer Martin Riggs actually but I'd settle for Wallace.
Who ever is our next pope, I pray he is someone who will be able to maintain the Church and not give in to any group about their "personal agenda" like some nun's groups and "progressive Catholics" wanting radical change in the church and I certainly want a pope who will not be "politically correct" in any way shape fashion or form.  I want a pope who will not fold to anyone or group even in minor ways because if you unlock the door, you are inviting disaster.  Keep the door locked to any change.  The N.O. has shown what will happen with change being introduced and with the protestant changes to the Mass, it is not nearly as Catholic as it should be and is more show than prayer.  The priest and servers need to be facing away from the people and leading them in prayer and the worship of the Lord and not facing them as to entertain them. In the current posture, the priest is the center of attention and is looking at the congregation and not the Lord and where does the priest look?  he is constantly shifting his gaze to different areas of the church because he is no longer consentrating on serving the Lord.  There needs to be more devotion during Mass and less entertaining.  I pray the Holy Spirit will bring us a pope who will bring us to the true will of the Father.
(02-11-2013, 02:39 PM)charlesh Wrote: Harlequin King would make a cool Pope. At least we'd get the sedia gestatoria and the ostrich feathers back.

Not to mention the Papal Tiara!
(02-11-2013, 10:53 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: I hope he's a Thomist.
The three Card. Siri disciples are:
  • Angelo Cardinal Bagnasco Archbishop of Genova {Genoa}, Italy
  • Domenico Cardinal Calcagno President of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See (He is to "administer the properties owned by the Holy See in order to provide the funds necessary for the Roman Curia to function." —Pastor Bonus, 172.)
  • Mauro Cardinal Piacenza Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy

(cf. papabile list on Rorate)

These three should be Thomists.
F3F, I get the impression that you have something to say.
I wonder if the careful application of a code cipher to F3F's recent posts might reveal a hidden message about extraordinary deals on luxury items through the powers of Chinese e-commerce. We might be missing out on incredible opportunities if we restrict ourselves to an exoteric reading.
If sedes want the Pope to be a Pope, then what will make the Pope a true Pope? Does he have to be a Sede or SSPX in order for them to accept his office?

Also, how many trad Catholics are even in the voting tank? Thank is most important. I'm thinking too many people hate and feared the REFORM OF THE REFORM and might vote in a more liberal Pope. I do hope I am wrong.