Pope Pius X vision about Benedict?
"Of the same name."  So if the new Holy Father takes the name Pius XIII, this will bear looking at more closely. 

I'm hoping for Gregory XVII or Leo XIV or Urban the whateverth.  It's highly unlikely I will be asked for my opinion however.
(02-11-2013, 05:58 PM)Walty Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 03:46 PM)GodFirst Wrote: I've thought this for awhile, and I believe the vision from the third secret of Fatima that His Holiness announced as Cardinal is the very same event.

I think so too, but these don't seem to be talking about Benedict.  Benedict will truly no longer be pope in a few weeks so unless Rome is burning and flooded with gunmen by the end of February, it must be someone else.

Why not? A bishop in white could be a Pontifex Emeritus.
(02-11-2013, 11:37 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 03:46 PM)GodFirst Wrote: I've thought this for awhile, and I believe the vision from the third secret of Fatima that His Holiness announced as Cardinal is the very same event.

I think so too, but these don't seem to be talking about Benedict.  Benedict will truly no longer be pope in a few weeks so unless Rome is burning and flooded with gunmen by the end of February, it must be someone else.

I suppose.  That's a twist I had never considered before.

It could also be a bishop in white vestments wo is attacked while saying Mass.
Where are the original sources for this story? Don't want to be negative but there are so many apocryphal stories doing the rounds on the internet it's best to be just a little sceptical absent concrete proof.
(02-12-2013, 07:47 AM)faith3faith Wrote:the next Pope will be a true traditional Catholic Pope. He will be Petros Romanus(Peter the Roman). Eventually he will be forced into hiding by the enemies outside the Church and within it. In that time period, you will see Cardinal against Cardinal, Bishop against Bishop, and Priest and against Priest. The enemies of the Church will put an anti-pope to sit in Rome while the true Pope, Peter the Roman, will be underground, feeding the sheep during the worst persecution of the Church in history. Then eventually Rome will be destroyed, and immediately afterwards comes judgement day.

At least credit St. Malchy for this.
(02-12-2013, 12:06 AM)Walty Wrote:

I suppose.  That's a twist I had never considered before.

LOL I don't think that any of us have considered this before.
(02-12-2013, 07:47 AM)faith3faith Wrote:the next Pope will be a true traditional Catholic Pope. He will be Petros Romanus(Peter the Roman). Eventually he will be forced into hiding by the enemies outside the Church and within it. In that time period, you will see Cardinal against Cardinal, Bishop against Bishop, and Priest and against Priest. The enemies of the Church will put an anti-pope to sit in Rome while the true Pope, Peter the Roman, will be underground, feeding the sheep during the worst persecution of the Church in history. Then eventually Rome will be destroyed, and immediately afterwards comes judgement day.

He had better be very young then.  They are plenty of other more credible prophecies that require a lot of stuff to happen between now and the second coming.
(02-12-2013, 07:54 AM)Scotus Wrote: Where are the original sources for this story? Don't want to be negative but there are so many apocryphal stories doing the rounds on the internet it's best to be just a little sceptical absent concrete proof.

Thank you Scotus.
(02-11-2013, 12:18 PM)rosie024 Wrote: Pius X
During an audience for the general chapter of the Franciscan order in 1909, the pontiff appeared to enter a trance. Those present remained motionless and silent. After a few moments, Pius opened his eyes, rose from his seat, and cried, "What I have seen is terrifying! Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave Rome and, in leaving the Vatican, he will have to pass over the dead bodies of his priests!" He then cautioned the witnesses, "Do not tell anyone this while I am alive."
Just before his death, Pius had another vision. "I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death.This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world."

Note: Pius X's fist name was Giuseppe which is a form of Joseph (Josef Ratzinger perhaps?) crazy to think about!

On one hand, I think that the world is really messed up, morals are gone, the faith is watered down,  abortion is "normal", same sex marriage, families are suffering, divorce is "normal", etc. etc. etc.  Cry(
So, it would seem like its time for the Second coming, etc.

But, then it seems like there is still more events to come, according to several prophesies. Does anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me..... Huh?