Pope Pius X vision about Benedict?
(02-12-2013, 06:49 PM)DeoGratias72 Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:18 PM)rosie024 Wrote: Pius X
During an audience for the general chapter of the Franciscan order in 1909, the pontiff appeared to enter a trance. Those present remained motionless and silent. After a few moments, Pius opened his eyes, rose from his seat, and cried, "What I have seen is terrifying! Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave Rome and, in leaving the Vatican, he will have to pass over the dead bodies of his priests!" He then cautioned the witnesses, "Do not tell anyone this while I am alive."
Just before his death, Pius had another vision. "I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death.This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world."

Note: Pius X's fist name was Giuseppe which is a form of Joseph (Josef Ratzinger perhaps?) crazy to think about!

On one hand, I think that the world is really messed up, morals are gone, the faith is watered down,  abortion is "normal", same sex marriage, families are suffering, divorce is "normal", etc. etc. etc.  Cry(
So, it would seem like its time for the Second coming, etc.

But, then it seems like there is still more events to come, according to several prophesies. Does anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me..... Huh?

No, it's not just you. I can't imagine how things can get worse, but I don't think I could have imagined our world as it is today.  I've been hanging on to my rosary pretty tight, time to step that up a couple of notches. 

Edited because I can't spell.
I imagine things could get a lot worse but in the end all we have to do is keep the faith, stay in a state of grace and trust in our Lord to help us and our loved ones. Personally I am going to start praying for the Second Coming though, as it would be awesome if in a matter of a few days, weeks or months Judgement Day actually arrived and God willing, all of us would be right on the edge of the Beatific Vision. Didn't the early Christians pray for the Second Coming? Maybe we ought to do the same.
(02-12-2013, 06:54 PM)Joamy Wrote:
(02-12-2013, 06:49 PM)DeoGratias72 Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 12:18 PM)rosie024 Wrote: Pius X
During an audience for the general chapter of the Franciscan order in 1909, the pontiff appeared to enter a trance. Those present remained motionless and silent. After a few moments, Pius opened his eyes, rose from his seat, and cried, "What I have seen is terrifying! Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave Rome and, in leaving the Vatican, he will have to pass over the dead bodies of his priests!" He then cautioned the witnesses, "Do not tell anyone this while I am alive."
Just before his death, Pius had another vision. "I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death.This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world."

Note: Pius X's fist name was Giuseppe which is a form of Joseph (Josef Ratzinger perhaps?) crazy to think about!

On one hand, I think that the world is really messed up, morals are gone, the faith is watered down,  abortion is "normal", same sex marriage, families are suffering, divorce is "normal", etc. etc. etc.  Cry(
So, it would seem like its time for the Second coming, etc.

But, then it seems like there is still more events to come, according to several prophesies. Does anyone else feel the same way, or is it just me..... Huh?

No, it's not just you. I can't imagine how things can get worse, but I don't think I could have imagined our world as it is today.  I've been hanging on to my rosary pretty tight, time to step that up a couple of notches. 

Edited because I can't spell.

Thanks Joamy. Smile

I am also hanging on to my Rosary more than ever.  Pray Also, whenever I take Holy  Communion, I can't stop the tears....

I can't imagine how things can get worse as well. The Faith even within families is a struggle for so many, look at how it is so"normal" for just 1 member in a family to have any faith. Look at our schools, universities, government, etc.
It feels as if there is no safe place to raise Godly children, and that it is an uphill battle....
And then you see the constant bickering within practicing Catholics, trads, lukewarm Catholics & of course within all Christians. When I was growing up, I thought that as long as you were Catholic, you were part of a great family, you were safe. Now, it seems as if even within trads, practicing Catholics, there is so much bickering, Cry(  kwim?  I am sure we are all hurting our Lord in so many ways....My mother keeps saying how our Lord has to come soon...

God bless you.
(02-11-2013, 05:58 PM)Walty Wrote:
(02-11-2013, 03:46 PM)GodFirst Wrote: I've thought this for awhile, and I believe the vision from the third secret of Fatima that His Holiness announced as Cardinal is the very same event.

I think so too, but these don't seem to be talking about Benedict.  Benedict will truly no longer be pope in a few weeks so unless Rome is burning and flooded with gunmen by the end of February, it must be someone else.
The prophecy just says "one of my successors". Benedict will now always be St. Pius X's successor even if he isn't the reigning pope. I believe now this is why the Fatima prophecy says "bishop in white" rather than pope. Benedict will not be pope at that time. It seems these prophecies have to be fulfilled after Feb 28.
It seems there's sentences missing in the orginal post's quote: "I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death. Respect for God has disappeared from human hearts. They wish to efface even God's memory. This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world."
Here are more papal prophecies:

"There will come a great prodigy, which will fill the world with awe. But this prodigy will be preceded by the triumph of a revolution during which the Church will go through ordeals that are beyond description."
-Bl. Pope Pius IX

"We believe that the present hour is a dread phase of the events foretold by Christ. It seems that darkness is about to fall on the world. Humanity is in the grip of a supreme crisis."
-Ven. Pope Pius XII
(02-16-2013, 03:15 PM)GodFirst Wrote: Here are more papal prophecies:

"There will come a great prodigy, which will fill the world with awe. But this prodigy will be preceded by the triumph of a revolution during which the Church will go through ordeals that are beyond description."
-Bl. Pope Pius IX

"We believe that the present hour is a dread phase of the events foretold by Christ. It seems that darkness is about to fall on the world. Humanity is in the grip of a supreme crisis."
-Ven. Pope Pius XII

Thank you & God bless.