What can I bring to be blessed
Table salt or sea salt?  I can't remember what I got our priest to bless.  Sea salt I think from reading a previous thread in here.

The water should not be filtered.  I was going to use water filtered with a Brita filter but after reading the same previous thread in here I took just tap water.  The priest confirmed this too saying it needs the minerals in it.  I got 4 litres blessed, which is just about an Imperial gallon and more than a US gallon.    
I'm going to be bringing non-iodized table salt, unless I should bring something else.  As for the water, I'm going to rely upon his having it there, unless he tells me otherwise (I have always planned on calling first for an appointment, and I will inquire then).  It is good to know that requesting a gallon or so will not be too extreme.
(02-11-2013, 05:32 PM)knittycat Wrote: I'm going to be bringing non-iodized table salt, unless I should bring something else.  As for the water, I'm going to rely upon his having it there, unless he tells me otherwise (I have always planned on calling first for an appointment, and I will inquire then).  It is good to know that requesting a gallon or so will not be too extreme.

I'd like to know what you find out about the sal - I'd like to get some blessed, too.
Just to let you know, but the FSSP parish in Houston does not have its own church yet. It is borrowing space from a parish in the Diocese until their new church is built. Mass during the week is in the main Church, but on Sunday it is in the Family life center. Fr. Van Vliet is a very nice man (although he does daily mass quite early in the morning - too early if you ask me.)  That being said though, I can't say that the holy water there is necessarily blessed in the Traditional form (although the pastor of the diocesan Church is also a very good priest.)
The Order of blessing Holy Water (and also Holy Salt because Holy Salt is used to bless Holy Water) starts on page 1860 of my Roman Missal (1962), Baronius Press version.  The English translation starts with, "I exorcise thee, created element of salt, by the living God ...".  I remember when I took the water and salt to our priest he blessed the salt first then added some Blessed Salt to the water while blessing it.
(02-11-2013, 06:49 PM)mikemac Wrote: The Order of blessing Holy Water (and also Holy Salt because Holy Salt is used to bless Holy Water) starts on page 1860 of my Roman Missal (1962), Baronius Press version.  The English translation starts with, "I exorcise thee, created element of salt, by the living God ...".  I remember when I took the water and salt to our priest he blessed the salt first then added some Blessed Salt to the water while blessing it.

It's also available online here: http://www.sanctamissa.org/en/resources/...easts.html
(02-11-2013, 06:17 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote: Just to let you know, but the FSSP parish in Houston does not have its own church yet. It is borrowing space from a parish in the Diocese until their new church is built. Mass during the week is in the main Church, but on Sunday it is in the Family life center. Fr. Van Vliet is a very nice man (although he does daily mass quite early in the morning - too early if you ask me.)  That being said though, I can't say that the holy water there is necessarily blessed in the Traditional form (although the pastor of the diocesan Church is also a very good priest.)

Thank you, yes, I was aware of this, however I did not connect the use of the church with the possibility that they may have happy water vs. holy water.  I suppose that will be something else I will double check with Father van Vilet.  I would *hope* that with an FSSP priest using the space, he would make sure the holy water there was appropriately blessed, but I won't rely on it.