Obligation to wage war against the demonic forces?
Notice that in the FAQ section it is said that over time those that say these prayers with regularity can expect a reduction of demonic influence in their lives. What I have trouble understanding is what exactly is meant by an "increase in ones spiritual life" after one starts saying them? What could that mean if not an increase in demonic influence, I mean, after all, by regularly saying the prayers on the site you most certainly become even more hated by Satan for taking up arms against him and his minions. I would expect that the demons would just wait till a member of that group fell into mortal sin or stopped saying the prayers to attack them brutally. It is for this reason that, despite my deep interest in this I am frightened to become a member. I think an association like this is very serious business and not for those who are not very serious about their spiritual lives and live lives of habitual sanctifying grace.

The way I try to stay protected is to foster devotions to my guardian angel, St. Michael, the Precious Blood (Litany) and our Lady of Sorrows; to wear the Brown Scapular and a blessed and exorcized St. Benedict Medal; to keep blessed icons and holy images in my home; to pray the rosary daily; to use blessed and exorcized salt and holy water every chance I get; to go to Confession at least every two weeks and to get to Mass as much as I am able. By the way, Father Ripperger on his site Sensustraditionis.org has a great talk called "Keeping Yourself Spiritually Protected" that is highly informative about all this satanic stuff.

I don't think it would hurt to add intentions to our daily prayers for priests like exorcists that have an apostolate to drive out demons though.  They certainly deserve it.

Demons are out there. By being a practising Catholic you already have a bulls eye on your back.

Myself and Mr. T have been saying these prayers for years.

They way that they have helped me is tremendous. I find it easier to overcome sin, especially the ones that are my particular weakness. I find myself seeing things more clearly, in the sense of spiritual warfare. I can see situations that may be harmful for myself or children and avoid them. I also find myself bolder in my faith, stronger in my convictions, and less afraid.

The prayers, in the beginning, specifically prevent demonic harm to you, your family, etc. They bind those demons that may harm those in the auxilium. The BVM is not going to let anyone get harmed, unless it be God's will. The prayers are very specifically worded for the most effect applicable for a lay person.

Like I said before, there are many jobs in the church militant. Some may or maynot be called to this one. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. We are all unique, with different God given qualities to bring to the table. If you feel called to do this, be not afraid. Would your Heavenly Mother, charged with crushing the head of the serpent, let anything, anything happen to you? Never! Would the Archangels you aid with prayer ignore you and leave you to face the very demons they combatted themselves? Never! You do not need an angelic resume to join. Be willing to fight and God will take care of the rest. There is no reason to be afraid, we already won.

(02-12-2013, 09:53 PM)mikemac Wrote: I don't think it would hurt to add intentions to our daily prayers for priests like exorcists that have an apostolate to drive out demons though.  They certainly deserve it.

That's a good point. I might mention that if we ever pray for that intention we ought to ask our Lady under the title "Our Lady of Sorrows" or "Virgin Most Powerful" to bring that intention to our Lord so that in a certain sense we are "hiding behind" our Lady who is said to have perfect coercive power over demons. The reason why I mention Our Lady of Sorrows is because one of the specific promises made by our Lady to St. Gertrude for those that foster a devotion to her is "I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives."
We are constantly at war with them.  Their sole desire is to drag you to hell.  That is their sole motivation, an abyss of infinite hatred towards God.

Bring back one sinner.  Convert one person to the Faith, and you'll plunge a dagger into their black hearts while laughing in their face.  It's all about one thing.  Souls.  Win one for Jesus.
(02-12-2013, 10:13 PM)James02 Wrote: We are constantly at war with them.  Their sole desire is to drag you to hell.  That is their sole motivation, an abyss of infinite hatred towards God.

Bring back one sinner.  Convert one person to the Faith, and you'll plunge a dagger into their black hearts while laughing in their face.  It's all about one thing.  Souls.  Win one for Jesus.

Great points James02. After reading Vn. Mother Mary Potter's book Devotion For the Dying and after seing death almost daily in the hospital where I work what I pray for more than anything else is the conversion and salvation of the dying, of those that are going to die at any given moment. I always ask Our Lady of Sorrows to offer the Precious Blood  to the Eternal Father for their salvation. I guess you could say I feel called to pray for the conversion of the dying and in this age of religious indifferentism even within the Church it is urgent.
You make some good points for joining the Auxilium Christianorum verenaerin.  Now that I know that I wouldn't have to call out demons by name there's really no reason not to.  You know though, the couple of times that I tried to open the prayer pdf page my anti-virus program caught something.  Not now though.
(02-13-2013, 12:15 AM)mikemac Wrote: You make some good points for joining the Auxilium Christianorum verenaerin.  Now that I know that I wouldn't have to call out demons by name there's really no reason not to.  You know though, the couple of times that I tried to open the prayer pdf page my anti-virus program caught something.  Not now though.

I have no doubt that the Queen of Heaven will cherish deeply those who support her priests. We all know how greatly she loves them. She will remember the aid we gave and will surely speak well of us at judgement.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM.
(02-12-2013, 10:13 PM)James02 Wrote: We are constantly at war with them.  Their sole desire is to drag you to hell.  That is their sole motivation, an abyss of infinite hatred towards God.

This is why I like the applied sciences. Tighten that 3/4 hex bolt, lay a bead across here, grind off another 0.0005, no nonsense just do it ! A dagger in their black hearts indeed !

tim