The last straw...
I have mentioned before my issues with my daughter's NO school. I knew what I was getting into, I wasn't expecting much.
We went to Ash Wednesday at her school. I have yet to be at one of the school Masses. Besides the awful "greet your neighbor" crap and the awful songs, it was a typical Mass. One thing that did strike me is that no one, not the priest, nor the alter servers genuflected when crossing the Tabernacle. Not even when they processed up.

The baby got antsy so I took him to the cafeteria which has avwindow where I can watch the Mass. They didn't have the sound turned on, and it was Homily time. The priest came down, and after a few antics, brought up a 8-9 year old student. He made a huge deal out of showing how the ashes were put on and what he would say. It was something like "Repent, and read the Gospel", I don't think that's the exact, but I have never heard that before. Then he started parading her around the Church, talking about your Lenten journey.

Distracted for a minute, I turned toward the Mass again to see to my horror the priest and the little girl standing between the altar and Tabernacle. Their back toward the Tabernacle. He was up there hand on her back, waving his other arma around, looking like it was some kind of a photo op.

I haven't been to the NO in a long time. But this was one of the most offensive things I've seen in years. The priest was willfully ignoring Christ, showing the children blatant irreverence. It was sick. I had just heard an amazing sermon about how words have meaning, gestures, have meaning, etc. And these things show our atitude toward God. He talked about how important ritual was and the reason it was unchanging because God doesn't change.

As they started with the Ashes, Mr T and I left and went to the monastery hoping for a priest to give us Ashes. Thank God there was one. I am going to let my daughter finish the week and then pull her out. I will not let my child be exposed to this poison. I can deal with wishy washy stuff in school, but not blatant disrespect to Christ in His Mass.

So apparently my Heavenly Father had a much different idea about my Lent then I did. Hopefully we will get a refund and can finish the year with some HSing company.

Please pray for me because I have no idea what I am doing as far as HSing. Thanks.
V, thank God that He put you in a situation where it was made clear, beyond any doubt, that that school is a harm to your daughter's faith.  God forbid you had never gone to that 'mass' and never had this clear message from God to get her out of there.  Sounds like this will be a trial by fire, a full plunge into icy waters.  I trust that God will give you whatever necessary to pull through, and I'm sure you do too.  Praise him for giving you both the strength to be great Catholic parents!

Absolutely I'll pray for your situation. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Pray Pray Pray
Pray

Don't worry too much. You will do fine. If God allowed this situation He is prepared to give you the graces to pull through. Don't believe any of the "God never gives you more than you can handle" stuff. He always gives us what we can't handle! That's the only way we learn to turn to Him for the graces we need to pull through. If we could handle it, we wouldn't need Him.
(02-13-2013, 04:26 PM)wallflower Wrote: Pray

Don't worry too much. You will do fine. If God allowed this situation He is prepared to give you the graces to pull through. Don't believe any of the "God never gives you more than you can handle" stuff. He always gives us what we can't handle! That's the only way we learn to turn to Him for the graces we need to pull through. If we could handle it, we wouldn't need Him.

I am going to remember this, thank you.  It's having a profound effect on me already.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Pray

I've never thought about it that way wallflower but it is so true.

You are right. God never gives us more than HE can handle.  Smile Smile Smile 
(02-13-2013, 04:51 PM)Joamy Wrote:

You are right. God never gives us more than HE can handle.  Smile Smile Smile   

Haha, yes! That's such a better way to put it.
Your action shows a reverence for Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
He will reward you for this, and hopefully the priests at the school will hear of it too.
They need to be held accountable.

Excellent observation. I wonder if the opposite is a result of a semipelagianistic view.