The last straw...
That's a very difficult thing... How does your daughter feel about it? Does she know she's leaving yet? If she's happy then all is well and good, but you have to be prepared for her to change her mind and start missing her friends and teachers. What if she resents being pulled out?

You may want to consider framing it all in a positive light. Make the reasons for leaving all good, such as "Mommy wants to teach you", and "We will have fun picking out your curriculum",  "We will meet other home schoolers" etc, etc...

If she misses her school and you get into the problems you have with things there, it may be too confusing for her. She's too little to understand about the reasons why. Perhaps talk to some other homeschooling moms who've been through the same sort of thing.

Good luck, and God bless your efforts.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Thanks Jaca. I am not telling her why. She wouldn't understand. Or she would tell random people and then I would worry they would criticize her or something like that. She has friends at school, but noone she hangs out with outside of school.

I think she will be happy to be a home. She tells me she doesn't want to go to school everyday. Plus, she will now be able to visit her Oma every week. My mother has already said she will help with schooling and take her to the TLM on the weekdays. This will be a tremendous help because my daughter is the kind of girl who needs to be in an activity or something purposeful or there is trouble when she finds things to do on her own.

She's too young to be resentful- or at least young enough to know I won't tolerate it. I plan to make this easy breezy for her. I won't let her know how hard this is for me, or how un-normal it is. Thank God this is only K. There are other HSers, they have a group, but I on;y know a couple and not very well. Plus I have my 3 other younger children who make going anywhere by myself unsafe.

I can't worry about that. I'm not telling the school until Monday, when she doesn't show up. I don't trust them not to interrogate her and possibly upset her.

Oh okay, I thought she was a first grader.. Yeah, starting this in Kindergarten probably is better; good. I know there are Catholic homeschooling forums out there. I'm sure there are a lot of moms in the same boat: several little ones in tow. That's great that your mom is willing to help by taking her to Mass. Perhaps she'd be willing to take her to hsing groups as well. In any event, she has her sibs, so she can play with them.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
For what it's worth, in the Novus Ordo rubrics, priests and servers do not genuflect to the tabernacle, even when crossing its centerline. Rather, they are to bow to the altar of sacrifice. Some NO priests deliberately ignore this instruction (Fr. Z comes to mind) because genuflecting to the tabernacle makes more sense. But nonetheless, it is no longer required for Mass.

Also, at the imposition of ash, two different phrases may be used:
"Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return"
or
"Repent, and believe in the Gospel".

That's one of the problems with the Novus Ordo: it is structured to be less respectful of Christ, and gives so many options that people don't know what to expect and it seems to give license to Father to improvise.
(02-13-2013, 03:25 PM)verenaerin Wrote: I have mentioned before my issues with my daughter's NO school. I knew what I was getting into, I wasn't expecting much.
We went to Ash Wednesday at her school. I have yet to be at one of the school Masses. Besides the awful "greet your neighbor" crap and the awful songs, it was a typical Mass. One thing that did strike me is that no one, not the priest, nor the alter servers genuflected when crossing the Tabernacle. Not even when they processed up.

The baby got antsy so I took him to the cafeteria which has avwindow where I can watch the Mass. They didn't have the sound turned on, and it was Homily time. The priest came down, and after a few antics, brought up a 8-9 year old student. He made a huge deal out of showing how the ashes were put on and what he would say. It was something like "Repent, and read the Gospel", I don't think that's the exact, but I have never heard that before. Then he started parading her around the Church, talking about your Lenten journey.

Distracted for a minute, I turned toward the Mass again to see to my horror the priest and the little girl standing between the altar and Tabernacle. Their back toward the Tabernacle. He was up there hand on her back, waving his other arma around, looking like it was some kind of a photo op.

I haven't been to the NO in a long time. But this was one of the most offensive things I've seen in years. The priest was willfully ignoring Christ, showing the children blatant irreverence. It was sick. I had just heard an amazing sermon about how words have meaning, gestures, have meaning, etc. And these things show our atitude toward God. He talked about how important ritual was and the reason it was unchanging because God doesn't change.

As they started with the Ashes, Mr T and I left and went to the monastery hoping for a priest to give us Ashes. Thank God there was one. I am going to let my daughter finish the week and then pull her out. I will not let my child be exposed to this poison. I can deal with wishy washy stuff in school, but not blatant disrespect to Christ in His Mass.

So apparently my Heavenly Father had a much different idea about my Lent then I did. Hopefully we will get a refund and can finish the year with some HSing company.

Please pray for me because I have no idea what I am doing as far as HSing. Thanks.

My thoughts and just saying, if you want your child to lose his/her faith send them to public school, it's free. Why pay those high tuitions? 
(02-13-2013, 09:34 PM)Vincentius Wrote: My thoughts and just saying, if you want your child to lose his/her faith send them to public school, it's free. Why pay those high tuitions? 

Explain.
Pray

And that really is helpful, wallflower.
(02-13-2013, 04:26 PM)wallflower Wrote: Don't believe any of the "God never gives you more than you can handle" stuff. He always gives us what we can't handle! That's the only way we learn to turn to Him for the graces we need to pull through. If we could handle it, we wouldn't need Him.
(02-13-2013, 10:29 PM)verenaerin Wrote:
(02-13-2013, 09:34 PM)Vincentius Wrote: My thoughts and just saying, if you want your child to lose his/her faith send them to public school, it's free. Why pay those high tuitions? 

Explain.

Not to speak on Vincentius' behalf, but I think he agrees with you and is expressing it in a different manner.

As in, if one is going to send one's child to a school that is a harm to their faith, better to send them to public school since you don't have to pay the high tuition.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-13-2013, 11:10 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(02-13-2013, 10:29 PM)verenaerin Wrote:

Explain.

Not to speak on Vincentius' behalf, but I think he agrees with you and is expressing it in a different manner.

As in, if one is going to send one's child to a school that is a harm to their faith, better to send them to public school since you don't have to pay the high tuition.

Thanks. I guess my initial response was defensive because I didn't understand. Which is why I just ask for clarification. I don't want to fight. This entire thing is disheartening on many levels. But I love my babies, so that is my focus.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers.