Papal frontrunners
Cardinal Ouellet will be elected Pope Stephen X as the 266th successor of St. Peter !!!!!!!    Grin Grin
(02-15-2013, 06:47 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(02-15-2013, 06:45 PM)GodFirst Wrote: Don't worry, people, Ss. Peter and Paul will come down and shine a light on the cardinal who is to be elected. Let us just pray for the next pope.

Wouldn't that be nice?

I hope they bring fresh batteries in their light.
I'm sure it's a light which doesn't need batteries.
(02-15-2013, 10:33 AM)Joamy Wrote:
(02-14-2013, 11:51 PM)Someone1776 Wrote: You should keep in mind that conclaves don't always get what they expect.  In 1846 one of the most liberal cardinals in the Church was chosen to be Pope.  This cardinal had criticized the previous pontiff for being out of step with the times and his election was heralded by secular humanists around the world. The name he took as Pope was Pius IX. 

Cardinal Ratzinger wasn't exactly the front runner in 2005, either. Surprises seem to be the rule instead of the exception when Popes are elected.  Wasn't John XXIII supposed to be a "caretaker?"  Then came Vatican II.   

So, question is will this be a good surprise or not so good?

I knew he would get it; at least I really thought so. He was so out there in the days after JPII's death. I could see he was being counted on as a leader, saying the funeral Mass, et al. Watch to see who they all push to the forefront. That may be a good indication of who gets it.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
+Piacenza is meant to be pretty solid too. And +de Paolis has said TLM; that's if one is inclined to think Italian. Speaking only English, it's hard to find primary material on many Cardinals.
(02-14-2013, 07:07 PM)Jacob Wrote: What do you all think about Scola and Bagnasco?
Bagnasco said that the Jews don't have to convert.
Neither have publicly said a TLM since the introduction of the Novus (dis)Ordo, although Bagnasco has assisted at one.
And Card. Schola's top book is on von Balthasar, the "father of the ecumenical apostasy" Puke
(02-15-2013, 08:59 PM)mcwhite Wrote: Speaking only English, it's hard to find primary material on many Cardinals.
The Vatican press office has some succinct bios; just modify the url:
http://www.vatican.va/news_services/pres...inali_bio_LASTNAME_FIRSTINITIAL_en.html
(02-15-2013, 09:38 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(02-14-2013, 07:07 PM)Jacob Wrote: What do you all think about Scola and Bagnasco?
Bagnasco said that the Jews don't have to convert.
Neither have publicly said a TLM since the introduction of the Novus (dis)Ordo, although Bagnasco has assisted at one.
And Card. Schola's top book is on von Balthasar, the "father of the ecumenical apostasy" Puke

I didn't realize that von Balthasar was the "father of the ecumenical apostasy".  We're in trouble.
(02-15-2013, 08:53 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: I could see he was being counted on as a leader, saying the funeral Mass, et al. Watch to see who they all push to the forefront. That may be a good indication of who gets it.

He was Dean of the College of Cardinals. The Dean celebrates the Requiem for the deceased Pope. It has absolutely nothing to do with being 'push(ed) to the forefront'.
I understand they have a saying in Rome, "Every cardinal who goes to the conclave a pope comes out a cardinal
Smile Smile Smile
They should not elect one from Africa!