Card. Caffarra
Although I would love it if the American Card. Burke, who's said numerous TLMs, were elected, Card. Caffarra is a very good bet. He's the only Italian cardinal to have said the TLM since the introduction of the Novus (dis)Ordo. Being Italian certainly gives him a chance of being pope; he specializes in matrimony, medical ethics, moral theology, and has a doctorate in canon law.

The New York Times interviewed him in 1988, and he gave a very solid response regarding AIDS and contraception: "Even the smallest moral wrong is so much greater than any physical wrong," he said. "I know this is hard for some to accept when the dangers are great, but the church is here to combat moral wrongs."

Here's his biography from the Vatican website.

According to Rorate, these are the 12 cardinals who've said at least 1 TLM since the introduction of the Novus (dis)Ordo:
Age     Yrs. priest     Yrs. bishop     Yrs. cardinal
62.32   35.16           14.23           9.31            Philippe Cardinal Barbarin
64.62   37.62           18.10           2.23            Raymond Cardinal Burke
74.70   51.61           17.31           6.89            Carlo Cardinal Caffarra
67.33   42.64           20.80           6.89            Antonio Cardinal Cañizares Llovera
77.40   51.90           8.98            2.23            Velasio Cardinal De Paolis
73.53   47.10           16.18           0.99            John Cardinal Tong Hon
79.88   55.29           24.79           18.21           Juan Cardinal Sandoval Íñiguez
71.68   46.16           25.73           9.31            George Cardinal Pell
65.24   37.62           21.45           2.23            Albert Malcolm Cardinal Ranjith
68.38   44.36           19.69           6.89            Jean-Pierre Cardinal Ricard
78.39   52.62           15.85           6.89            Franc Cardinal Rodé
70.27   43.63           24.33           5.22            André Cardinal Vingt-Trois 

Juan Cardinal Sandoval Íñiguez of Gudalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, appears to have the most experience, and his diocese has over 1,000 seminarians! That's certainly a good sign. More martyrs are from Jalisco than all the rest of Latin American combined! But the likelihood of a Mexican pope seems small.

The three Card. Siri disciples are:
1. Angelo Cardinal Bagnasco   Archbishop of Genova {Genoa}, Italy
2. Mauro Cardinal Piacenza   Prefect of the Congregation for the Clergy
3. Domenico Cardinal Calcagno   President of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Apostolic See (He is to "administer the properties owned by the Holy See in order to provide the funds necessary for the Roman Curia to function." —Pastor Bonus, 172.)

Piacenza hasn't publicly celebrated a TLM. Bagnasco has assisted at one. (See the list.) Therefore, of the Siri cardinals, Bagnasco is who I'm rooting for (although Calcagno, being in charge of the Vatican finances, would be an interesting testimony of the pope's temporal and spiritual powers ).

Bagnasco has
1. the most episcopal experience of the Siri cardinals (15 years versus 9 and 11 for Piacenza and Calcagno, respectively).
2. assisted at a TLM, unlike Piacenza and Calcagno

However, Card. Bagnasco said there is no need to convert the Jews. ☹

Therefore, my top-3 list of good, orthodox candidates with a likelihood of being elected would be, ordered best first:
  • Burke
  • Caffarra
  • Bagnasco
Interesting.  I just remember in 2005 I almost fell off my chair when the Cardinal walked out on the balcony to announce the new Pope.  I didn't know they were going to do that, I just thought the new Pope would walk out.  I thought one of the South American liberals had gotten elected and was ditching the traditional papal whites. 

I'll be ready this time, come hell or high water.  :jabs:
Good research. Disappointing about +Bagnasco. But someone earlier made the point about Pius IX
(02-15-2013, 10:01 PM)mcwhite Wrote: But someone earlier made the point about Pius IX
Bl. Pope Pius IX said the Jews don't have to convert and thus the Old Covenant is sufficient for them‽
(02-15-2013, 10:14 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(02-15-2013, 10:01 PM)mcwhite Wrote: But someone earlier made the point about Pius IX
Bl. Pope Pius IX said the Jews don't have to convert and thus the Old Covenant is sufficient for them‽

No. Blessed Pius IX was considered more moderate prior to his election. At least that's the point I was referring to. He then went on to be quite brilliant and counter cultural.
Tracey Rowland writes of Card. Caffarra:
Quote:Caffarra was so strongly attacked in the press for defending Humanae Vitae he received a letter of support and encouragement from Sr. Lucia of Fatima. (When you start receiving support letters from someone who has private audiences with the Mother of God you know that you must be very high on the devil's hate list.)
Awesome :)
I knew it would be Cardinal Ratzinger. I really  knew because they all looked to him. You could see it right there on camera. Plus he was the one who said the Mass at JPII's funeral. He was the leader.Watch for the one who they all look to during the next several days. Maybe it will be him.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(02-26-2013, 10:29 PM)Geremia Wrote: Tracey Rowland writes of Card. Caffarra:
Quote:Caffarra was so strongly attacked in the press for defending Humanae Vitae he received a letter of support and encouragement from Sr. Lucia of Fatima. (When you start receiving support letters from someone who has private audiences with the Mother of God you know that you must be very high on the devil's hate list.)
Awesome :)

If it's true that Cardinal Caffarra received letters of support from Sr. Lucia of Fatima, that he supports Humanae Vitae and that he is high up on the devils hate list we ought to storm heaven for his sake that he might be elected. The Church desperately needs someone who will unapologetically not just defend Church teaching and forcibly remove heretics but who will also somehow restore credibility to the Church. As for Cardinal Burke, that would be awesome but since he's an American I don't see that happening.
The "markets" are predicting Cdl. Scola.
(02-15-2013, 09:29 PM)Geremia Wrote: Piacenza hasn't publicly celebrated a TLM. Bagnasco has assisted at one. (See the list.) Therefore, of the Siri cardinals, Bagnasco is who I'm rooting for (although Calcagno, being in charge of the Vatican finances, would be an interesting testimony of the pope's temporal and spiritual powers ).

Bagnasco has
1. the most episcopal experience of the Siri cardinals (15 years versus 9 and 11 for Piacenza and Calcagno, respectively).
2. assisted at a TLM, unlike Piacenza and Calcagno

However, Card. Bagnasco said there is no need to convert the Jews. ☹
I would not give too much credence to an out-of-context quotation of half a sentence in an English translation.
The same was often claimed about Cardinal Ratzinger (e.g. by Gerry Matatics), but it was not his view. He said that we should make the gospel known to them but quoted St. Bernard of Clairvaux saying that God had reserved the (ultimate) conversion of the Jews for himself.