Consecrate Russia!
(02-16-2013, 09:15 AM)City Smurf Wrote: The Holy Father has worked to improve relations between the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox.  Perhaps, as a sign of good will and friendship, when he's saying his final goodbyes, he'll consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart?

Ecumenism could be the vehicle that allows the consecration without severe political ramifications. :P

I'm actually in favor of the Pope consecrating Russia, not because I think it hasn't been done but for the simple reason that it would piss off the Orthodox something fierce.  I mean, those people are pretty bitter and hateful when it comes to all things Catholic already and I just think a Consecration specifically mentioning Russia would send them into a spectacular rage.  Orthodox apoplexy would be a beautiful thing to behold.

That's a pretty poor reason to do it, but then I'm easily amused.  Meh.
(02-16-2013, 12:52 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 09:15 AM)City Smurf Wrote: The Holy Father has worked to improve relations between the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox.  Perhaps, as a sign of good will and friendship, when he's saying his final goodbyes, he'll consecrate Russia to her Immaculate Heart?

Ecumenism could be the vehicle that allows the consecration without severe political ramifications. :P

I'm actually in favor of the Pope consecrating Russia, not because I think it hasn't been done but for the simple reason that it would piss off the Orthodox something fierce.  I mean, those people are pretty bitter and hateful when it comes to all things Catholic already and I just think a Consecration specifically mentioning Russia would send them into a spectacular rage.  Orthodox apoplexy would be a beautiful thing to behold.

That's a pretty poor reason to do it, but then I'm easily amused.  Meh.
Hey! Whatever floats your boat Bombay! :tiphat:
All I know is Our Lady asked so we should do as she says and pray it happens.
(02-16-2013, 01:03 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: If I commanded my children to eat their carrots or else they couldn't have any cake, and the little brats went and ate carrot cake I would be pissed.

Did they eat carrots? Of course.  But the sneaky little  :censored:  intentionally tried to pull one over on their father.   

Father knows our sneaky little intentions, he always does.

:realmad:
http://www.fatima.org/apostolate/faqconse.asp

So the consecration will ultimately be done, and, as Our Lady promised at Fatima, “In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me, which will be converted, and a period of peace will be given to mankind.” Our Lord Himself confided to Sister Lucy, regarding the consecration, that “It is never too late to have recourse to Jesus and Mary.”

Although there is a greater freedom to worship in the state run church, there are many sneaky things going on in Russia.  It has not been converted and still has a sky-high abortion rate.  And we certainly are  not in an era of peace!

I know there are good hearts and great minds on both sides of the issue but Our Lady fulfills her promises in a timely manner. They have yet to be fulfilled which makes me wonder if indeed the underlying foundational request has been satisfied.
By the way,I am going to Fatima in April!!!!

:monstrance:
(02-16-2013, 01:28 PM)Magdalene Wrote: By the way,I am going to Fatima in April!!!!

:monstrance:

Deo gratias!  I hope it doesn't disappoint you.
(02-16-2013, 01:08 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 01:03 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote: If I commanded my children to eat their carrots or else they couldn't have any cake, and the little brats went and ate carrot cake I would be pissed.

Did they eat carrots? Of course.  But the sneaky little  :censored:  intentionally tried to pull one over on their father.   

If you command a child to eat carrots, they are right to defy you.  Carrots are nasty, nasty, nasty and an immoral law is not binding.  Q.E.D.
(02-16-2013, 01:52 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 01:08 PM)Adam_Michael Wrote:

If you command a child to eat carrots, they are right to defy you.  Carrots are nasty, nasty, nasty and an immoral law is not binding.  Q.E.D.

:bronxcheer:
(02-16-2013, 12:39 AM)DrBombay Wrote: http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/fatima1984.htm

Sister Lucia Wrote:I come to answer your question, "If the consecration made by Pope John Paul II on March 25, 1984 in union with all the bishops of the world, accomplished the conditions for the consecration of Russia according to the request of Our Lady in Tuy on June 13 of 1929?" Yes, it was accomplished, and since then I have said that it was made.

Check, mate.  Just keepin it real.   :tiphat:

Sister Lucy said that the 1984 consecration fulfilled Our Lady's request after she had said the contrary many times to a lot of people. The late Abbé Georges de Nantes wrote that Sr Lucy had been ordered to say so by the Vatican and she complied out of obedience to her hierarchy.
Georges de Nantes added that the local bishop Do Amaral personnally told him that he himself had conveyed this order to Sr Lucy.
(02-16-2013, 07:13 PM)maso Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 12:39 AM)DrBombay Wrote: http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/fatima1984.htm

Sister Lucia Wrote:I come to answer your question, "If the consecration made by Pope John Paul II on March 25, 1984 in union with all the bishops of the world, accomplished the conditions for the consecration of Russia according to the request of Our Lady in Tuy on June 13 of 1929?" Yes, it was accomplished, and since then I have said that it was made.

Check, mate.  Just keepin it real.   :tiphat:

Sister Lucy said that the 1984 consecration fulfilled Our Lady's request after she had said the contrary many times to a lot of people. The late Abbé Georges de Nantes wrote that Sr Lucy had been ordered to say so by the Vatican and she complied out of obedience to her hierarchy.
Georges de Nantes added that the local bishop Do Amaral personnally told him that he himself had conveyed this order to Sr Lucy.
:OAre you kidding me? !!! :O >:(The bishop asked Sr Lucia to lie? >:( :'((!!!Maybe in her heart of hearts she thought it actually happened.