Consecrate Russia!
as an aside to all of this, there is something I heard on Traditional Catholic Radio that convicted me of not doing my part. A key part of the Fatima message is to do penance for sinners, as we all know. One of the ways Our Lady mentioned was simply to do the duties of our state of life. How many Catholics out there don't even do that? I admit I found myself wanting in that area. Another thing to remember is that Fatima has not said a thing that the Popes in social encyclicals have not. Fatima was just a way to make the point to those of us who don't read the encyclicals. For example, Pope Leo XIII taught that a united front of prayer and action (I'm paraphrasing) was the way to fight Freemasonry. The Fatima message is all about prayer and action. Perhaps if we as Catholics do more to fulfill our duties in our state of life, God will finally give the reigning Pope the graces to complete the Consecration.
(02-16-2013, 07:13 PM)maso Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 12:39 AM)DrBombay Wrote: http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/fatima1984.htm

Sister Lucia Wrote:I come to answer your question, "If the consecration made by Pope John Paul II on March 25, 1984 in union with all the bishops of the world, accomplished the conditions for the consecration of Russia according to the request of Our Lady in Tuy on June 13 of 1929?" Yes, it was accomplished, and since then I have said that it was made.

Check, mate.  Just keepin it real.   :tiphat:

Sister Lucy said that the 1984 consecration fulfilled Our Lady's request after she had said the contrary many times to a lot of people. The late Abbé Georges de Nantes wrote that Sr Lucy had been ordered to say so by the Vatican and she complied out of obedience to her hierarchy.
Georges de Nantes added that the local bishop Do Amaral personnally told him that he himself had conveyed this order to Sr Lucy.

A superior may not order us to commit a sin.  This is first year theology stuff.  I'm sure Sr. Lucia was well aware of that and would certainly not have lied and it is calumny for you to say so.

Oh, and I provided a cited source.  You've provided....something less than that.
The conversion must be a thousand year plan then...
(02-16-2013, 08:28 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote: The conversion must be a thousand year plan then...

Or it's going according to God's timeline, not yours.  Imagine that. 

Maybe God lied too?  I mean, anything's possible in the Land of the Tinfoil Hat.
(02-16-2013, 08:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Maybe God lied too?  I mean, anything's possible in the Land of the Tinfoil Hat.

Could you explain this please?
(02-16-2013, 08:45 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 08:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Maybe God lied too?  I mean, anything's possible in the Land of the Tinfoil Hat.

In order for the wing nut conspiracy theory to be true, so many people would have to have lied as to be absurd.  Starting with Sr. Lucia, then Cardinal Bertone, Pope Benedict, Pope JPII, EWTN, the Catholic Answers crowd, the Blue Army, Fr. Fox and on and on and on.  I mean if you're going to go that far, you might as well accuse God of lying too. It's just as plausible.

And keep in mind, all of these people are lying to supposedly thwart a private revelation.  Not a dogma, not a doctrine, not the Deposit of Faith, not Sacred Tradition.  No, a private revelation.

Now, is it likely that everyone is lying about the consecration being done just as Our Lady requested? Is it possible that God is operating according to his own unfathomable designs, which certain weak folks can't accept because it threatens their faith?  Is it conceivable that the sole guardian of truth in this matter is Fr. Suspended a Divinis Threadbare Cassock and his tinfoil hat brigade?   

I trust you can answer these questions yourself without need of a private revelation.  :tiphat:
(02-16-2013, 09:15 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

In order for the wing nut conspiracy theory to be true, so many people would have to have lied as to be absurd.  Starting with Sr. Lucia, then Cardinal Bertone, Pope Benedict, Pope JPII, EWTN, the Catholic Answers crowd, the Blue Army, Fr. Fox and on and on and on.  I mean if you're going to go that far, you might as well accuse God of lying too. It's just as plausible.

And keep in mind, all of these people are lying to supposedly thwart a private revelation.  Not a dogma, not a doctrine, not the Deposit of Faith, not Sacred Tradition.  No, a private revelation.

Now, is it likely that everyone is lying about the consecration being done just as Our Lady requested? Is it possible that God is operating according to his own unfathomable designs, which certain weak folks can't accept because it threatens their faith?  Is it conceivable that the sole guardian of truth in this matter is Fr. Suspended a Divinis Threadbare Cassock and his tinfoil hat brigade?   

I trust you can answer these questions yourself without need of a private revelation.  :tiphat:

I don't see why a lot of people lying is absurd or what that has to do with thinking that God might not exist, which is what you seem to be saying by positing that maybe He can lie.  And by insulting a priest you only discredit yourself.  You also make the Blessed Virgin sad when you do that.  Go ahead and roll your eyes.  At least they'll be pointed in the right direction for a moment.
(02-16-2013, 09:26 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 09:15 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

I don't see why a lot of people lying is absurd or what that has to do with thinking that God might not exist, which is what you seem to be saying by positing that maybe He can lie.  And by insulting a priest you only discredit yourself.  You also make the Blessed Virgin sad when you do that.  Go ahead and roll your eyes.  At least they'll be pointed in the right direction for a moment.

Yes, the Pope is a liar, liar, pants on fire.  Even though we have documented evidence to the contrary.  Sorry I bothered you with facts.

And I'm not insulting anyone.  The priest in question is suspended a divinis (which he denies, but the Church says otherwise....oh, wait...the Church lies again!) and he does wear a threadbare cassock.  You'd think with all those widows sending him their Social Security checks he could afford to buy a new cassock.  But then, that wouldn't fit the mystique, now would it?
When you twist people's words you go further to discredit yourself.  But maybe that's your humility at work. 

Anyway we might do well to prepare for Mass tomorrow.  Goodnight, Doctor Bombay.
(02-16-2013, 09:36 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: When you twist people's words you go further to discredit yourself.  But maybe that's your humility at work. 

Anyway we might do well to prepare for Mass tomorrow.  Goodnight, Doctor Bombay.

Yes, words are being twisted indeed.  Words have been twisted in this whole fiasco since at least the mid 80s.  Funny how the word twisters all have a book or DVD to sell or a conference to promote or some other scheme to separate poor widows from their mites. Yes, funny how that works.  But then, the truth has never sold very well.  They crucified the Truth 2000 years ago and nobody paid to see that.