Consecrate Russia!
Dr. Bombay, I don't believe Sr. Lucia would have been capable of lying. She was the epitome of goodness. I do believe though that she could have been lied to. She would have been very happy to believe Russia had been consecrated. She was innocent enough to never question her authorities so she would have been just the one to relay such a message.

The fact of the matter is; the Holy Father himself said otherwise.
(02-16-2013, 10:17 PM)quo warranto Wrote: The fact of the matter is; the Holy Father himself said otherwise.

True, but Doc dodges that point whenever it's brought up. :)
Sure, but which Sr. Lucy?
(02-16-2013, 08:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 08:28 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote: The conversion must be a thousand year plan then...

Or it's going according to God's timeline, not yours.  Imagine that. 

Maybe God lied too?  I mean, anything's possible in the Land of the Tinfoil Hat.

If you desire the simpler theory, a sort of recourse to the Razor, then you are better off believing the consecration was not fulfilled as the Holy Father, the very who attempted to do it, stated this, on the very same day. It is simpler because the very Pontiff said as well, Russians Catholic population is half of one percent & Sr. Lucia denied attempts previously that did not mention Russia. Your position would require the Pontiff to be unaware of his own actions, trickle conversion or post mass conversion greatly after the fact (both destroy any chance of demonstrating a cause and effect relationship between the consecration and conversions) and make Sr. Lucia a revisionist.
(02-17-2013, 12:29 AM)TS Aquinas Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 08:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 08:28 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote: The conversion must be a thousand year plan then...

Or it's going according to God's timeline, not yours.  Imagine that. 

Maybe God lied too?  I mean, anything's possible in the Land of the Tinfoil Hat.

If you desire the simpler theory, a sort of recourse to the Razor, then you are better off believing the consecration was not fulfilled as the Holy Father, the very who attempted to do it, stated this, on the very same day. It is simpler because the very Pontiff said as well, Russians Catholic population is half of one percent & Sr. Lucia denied attempts previously that did not mention Russia. Your position would require the Pontiff to be unaware of his own actions, trickle conversion or post mass conversion greatly after the fact (both destroy any chance of demonstrating a cause and effect relationship between the consecration and conversions) and make Sr. Lucia a revisionist.

She never said Russia would convert to the Catholic faith en masse. She never said that.  Never.  Not one time.  Never.

Epic fail.  Try again. 
(02-17-2013, 12:32 AM)DrBombay Wrote: She never said Russia would convert to the Catholic faith en masse. She never said that.  Never.  Not one time.  Never.

Epic fail.  Try again. 

And yet prior to 1984 and the faux 'Consecration', everyone knew that that was what was promised. Russia was to be converted. Converted to what? Being better schismatics, out of union with Rome and fighting the Church every step of the way? Converted to secular humanism, abortion on demand, and the 'errors of Russia' that our Lady condemned? Just curious. :)
(02-17-2013, 12:32 AM)DrBombay Wrote: She never said Russia would convert to the Catholic faith en masse. She never said that.  Never.  Not one time.  Never.

Epic fail.  Try again. 

Define what "Russia will be converted" means to you then because there seems to be a fundamental difference between your definition and mine.
(02-16-2013, 10:17 PM)quo warranto Wrote: Dr. Bombay, I don't believe Sr. Lucia would have been capable of lying. She was the epitome of goodness. I do believe though that she could have been lied to. She would have been very happy to believe Russia had been consecrated. She was innocent enough to never question her authorities so she would have been just the one to relay such a message.

She was a peasant girl, become an obedient nun, with no access to the news, etc. She was told, by whom we don't know, that Russia had been consecrated. She parroted this lie. Had she had access to the media, she would have realised that the Holy Father denied this in the very Act of Consecration that he read and would never have voiced this falsehood which has led many to drink the koolaid like Doc Bombay has.
It's turtles all the way down.  If God doesn't do what we think he should do, that means he hasn't fulfilled his promises.  That's a very Catholic philosophy (if one is an Evangelical prod Catholic that is).  With this attitude it is hardly surprising that one of the leading lights of the Fatima tinfoil hat brigade on this forum has already announced he intends to leave the Church when a dead pope is canonized.  My will be done, not thy will be done, ain't that right, Fatimistas?

By their fruits ye shall know them.  Indeed.
"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete."
Pope Benedict on May 13, 2010
http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedi...ma_en.html

I doubt Pope Benedict was referring to the future conversion of Russia and the future period of peace, seeing it was 26 years after JP II consecrated the world in 1984 when Pope Benedict said the above.  You know, seeing the world has not seen a period of peace and still less than 1% of Russia is Catholic.  So let's try to figure this time line out.  Less than 1% of Russia has converted in the 29 years since 1984.  So at that rate it will take over 2900 years for Russia  to convert (29 years x 100 % = 2900 years).  Bombay besides slandering good priests and the good people in this forum why don't you try to explain the two very obvious reasons why people do not think the consecration of the world in 1984 fulfilled Heaven's request given to us by Our Lady of Fatima?