Is that a Society priest in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
(02-20-2013, 11:47 PM)MRose Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 10:52 PM)Petertherock Wrote: The hatred of the Pope on here is demonic and diabolical. There is nothing wrong or evil about the Pope resigning. The man is blind in at least one eye and for all we know he is probably dying. I would rather have him resign then to be like Pope JPII who was making decrees after he had died. Get real people.

Oh, and by the way, I expect all you people who have a problem with the Pope's resignation to continue in your job if you ever become blind or get cancer or have some other illness that will result in your death within weeks or months.
The whole point is that the Papacy is not just a job.

No kidding. It requires someone who is with it and has his faculties together enough to do the "job."

(02-20-2013, 10:52 PM)Petertherock Wrote: The hatred of the Pope on here is demonic and diabolical. There is nothing wrong or evil about the Pope resigning. The man is blind in at least one eye and for all we know he is probably dying. I would rather have him resign then to be like Pope JPII who was making decrees after he had died. Get real people.

Oh, and by the way, I expect all you people who have a problem with the Pope's resignation to continue in your job if you ever become blind or get cancer or have some other illness that will result in your death within weeks or months.
Of course it's not JUST a job, but it is a job. One that can be resigned from.
(02-21-2013, 03:07 AM)Petertherock Wrote:

No kidding. It requires someone who is with it and has his faculties together enough to do the "job."

"My grace is sufficient for you."

Sheesh.
(02-23-2013, 01:45 AM)GodFirst Wrote:

can≠should
(02-24-2013, 11:47 PM)MRose Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 01:45 AM)GodFirst Wrote:

can≠should
No, but it can.

You can go to Mass on Sunday, so you should go to Mass on Sunday.

The Holy Father can resign. Since he is aged and thinks he is unable, he should resign.