Polish view on homosexual clergy
Rorate Caeli published this article from a Polish priest-professor.  Not much that's new (unless you just want to confirm that things appear equally bad in Poland as the USA) but it seems a good summary.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/02...-pope.html

Quote:We should first expose the common lie presented by the media. They keep talking about paedophilia among clergymen, while it is most often the case that the problem is ephebophilia, which is a perversion consisting in adult homosexual men being attracted not to children, but to pubescent and adolescent boys. It is a typical deviation related to homosexuality. Basic knowledge about that reality includes the fact that more than 80 percent of cases involving sexual abuse by clergymen reported in the U.S.A. were cases of ephebophilia, not paedophilia[4]! That fact has been carefully hidden and ignored, as it reveals particularly well the hypocrisy of the homolobby in both the world and the Church. It is all the more important that it be exposed.
A particularly valuable comment in the discussion has been made by F. Professor Józef Augustyn SJ, who said: “The problem, in my opinion, is not “in them” but in our reaction “to them”. How do we, ordinary priests and superiors, react to their behaviour? Do we yield to fear, step back, call for silence, pretend the problem does not exist? Or do we face the problem, are explicit about it, take away their influential positions, remove them from their offices? They should not work in seminars or hold any important positions. If the homosexual lobby exists and has anything to say in the structures of the Church, it is because we give in, withdraw, pretend, and so on. ...
Everything begins with the fact that it is much more difficult for a seminarian with homosexual tendencies or an established homosexual orientation to become a decent priest. On the one hand, priesthood may appear attractive, seeming an ideal biotope, since he can stay here in his preferred manly company without the need to explain the absence of women in his life. On the contrary, this is, after all, seen as a great sacrifice for the Heavenly Kingdom, giving up the greatest value of marriage (even though he is not marriageable anyway). The situation appears to be very comfortable. Consequently, if no requirements are made of such young men, in particular congregations or dioceses there may be many times more of them than in the world on the average, i.e. many times more than 1.5 percent[11]. Their exact number will depend on how dominating the position they have already achieved is, and how much other clergymen are intimidated or unaware of the significance of the problem.
Exactly.  Not paedophilia.  Ephebophilia, which is a perversion consisting in adult homosexual men being attracted not to children, but to pubescent and adolescent boys.  I'm going to have to remember that word when I try to explain that it was an infiltration of homosexual priests, hence ephebophilia.
I was recently forced to attend a "class" on pedophilia at the Chancery.  At said "class", I asked the facilitator why we were learning about heterosexual pedophilia when the problems in the Church were almost exclusively homosexual ephebophilia.  I have never received as blank a stare as I did at that moment.  She eventually replied that this is the program the Bishops have decided is most effective at combating all forms of abuse. 

Riiiiiight. 

(02-16-2013, 02:59 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote: Rorate Caeli published this article from a Polish priest-professor.  Not much that's new (unless you just want to confirm that things appear equally bad in Poland as the USA) but it seems a good summary.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/02...-pope.html

Quote:We should first expose the common lie presented by the media. They keep talking about paedophilia among clergymen, while it is most often the case that the problem is ephebophilia, which is a perversion consisting in adult homosexual men being attracted not to children, but to pubescent and adolescent boys. It is a typical deviation related to homosexuality. Basic knowledge about that reality includes the fact that more than 80 percent of cases involving sexual abuse by clergymen reported in the U.S.A. were cases of ephebophilia, not paedophilia[4]! That fact has been carefully hidden and ignored, as it reveals particularly well the hypocrisy of the homolobby in both the world and the Church. It is all the more important that it be exposed.
A particularly valuable comment in the discussion has been made by F. Professor Józef Augustyn SJ, who said: “The problem, in my opinion, is not “in them” but in our reaction “to them”. How do we, ordinary priests and superiors, react to their behaviour? Do we yield to fear, step back, call for silence, pretend the problem does not exist? Or do we face the problem, are explicit about it, take away their influential positions, remove them from their offices? They should not work in seminars or hold any important positions. If the homosexual lobby exists and has anything to say in the structures of the Church, it is because we give in, withdraw, pretend, and so on. ...
Everything begins with the fact that it is much more difficult for a seminarian with homosexual tendencies or an established homosexual orientation to become a decent priest. On the one hand, priesthood may appear attractive, seeming an ideal biotope, since he can stay here in his preferred manly company without the need to explain the absence of women in his life. On the contrary, this is, after all, seen as a great sacrifice for the Heavenly Kingdom, giving up the greatest value of marriage (even though he is not marriageable anyway). The situation appears to be very comfortable. Consequently, if no requirements are made of such young men, in particular congregations or dioceses there may be many times more of them than in the world on the average, i.e. many times more than 1.5 percent[11]. Their exact number will depend on how dominating the position they have already achieved is, and how much other clergymen are intimidated or unaware of the significance of the problem.

Thanks.
(02-16-2013, 03:46 PM)mikemac Wrote: Exactly.  Not paedophilia.  Ephebophilia, which is a perversion consisting in adult homosexual men being attracted not to children, but to pubescent and adolescent boys.  I'm going to have to remember that word when I try to explain that it was an infiltration of homosexual priests, hence ephebophilia.

Be prepared to hear that not all homosexuals are ephebophiles.

The you can ask "What percentage of homosexuals are ephebophiles?"

I think someone got the idea of infiltrating the priesthood and recruited such men until enough were inside to take over all the work of recruiting.

Rorate Wrote:That fact has been carefully hidden and ignored, as it reveals particularly well the hypocrisy of the homolobby in both the world and the Church.

I doubt it's because of the "homolobby". Like so often in history, it's the Church wanting to "avoid scandal" by not saying what everyone else knows. The priesthood has a lot of homosexual men in its ranks.
Quote:I doubt it's because of the "homolobby"

Priest who has studied the issue from the inside vs. some dude on the internet.

Hmmm.  What a dilemma.
(02-17-2013, 11:24 AM)Burdensome1 Wrote:
Quote:I doubt it's because of the "homolobby"

Priest who has studied the issue from the inside vs. some dude on the internet.

Hmmm.  What a dilemma.

LOL

Dilemmas are everywhere.
(02-17-2013, 10:20 AM)Revixit Wrote:
(02-16-2013, 03:46 PM)mikemac Wrote: Exactly.  Not paedophilia.  Ephebophilia, which is a perversion consisting in adult homosexual men being attracted not to children, but to pubescent and adolescent boys.  I'm going to have to remember that word when I try to explain that it was an infiltration of homosexual priests, hence ephebophilia.

Be prepared to hear that not all homosexuals are ephebophiles.

The you can ask "What percentage of homosexuals are ephebophiles?"

I think someone got the idea of infiltrating the priesthood and recruited such men until enough were inside to take over all the work of recruiting.

Yeah I've actually told quite a few people, mostly Protestants that it was an infiltration of homosexuals.  Not one argument about it so far.  I'm going to have to remember the word ephebophilia though.  That's a good come back for people that say not all homosexuals are ephebophiles.  "What percentage?"
(02-16-2013, 04:44 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote: I was recently forced to attend a "class" on pedophilia at the Chancery.  At said "class", I asked the facilitator why we were learning about heterosexual pedophilia when the problems in the Church were almost exclusively homosexual ephebophilia.  I have never received as blank a stare as I did at that moment.  She eventually replied that this is the program the Bishops have decided is most effective at combating all forms of abuse. 

Riiiiiight. 

Would that happen to be the "Protecting God's Children" thing?  A priest friend of mine calls it "Protecting the Church's Bishops." 

I had to attend one of those things because it was required for working for a church in the diocese.  It didn't matter that my job never involved being around children.  The whole "class" is a scandal in itself.