The dress/skirt only women....
Houndstooth:

[Image: BlkHndsthGW_xl.preview.jpg]
Oh, yes of course! Thanks.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I love houndstooth.  :)
I have become a dress or skirts only woman for about 5 years now. At first, it was due to weight changes. My old pants didn't fit well anymore while most of my dresses still did. Lately, I can't say that's the cause anymore, because I replaced my pants with the correct size. And yet I rarely want to wear pants, jeans or shorts anymore. I'm a size 8 not plus, so size isn't the problem. I think it's my attitude. Since menopause, I feel less feminine, youthful or attractive anymore. Makeup, haircolor and exercise help, but they aren't enough. I don't want Botox or vanity surgery. I think I look too pedestrian, average, ordinary, fade-into-the-woodwork when I dress like everyone else. The women & girls in my side of town *never* wear skirts or dresses except to a prom or formal occasion. So in dressing my way, I feel I stand out as someone who looks different. My icon picture is how I dress to work or mass, except for the hat, which I would not wear to work. Dresses & skirts have become casual wear for me. I don't wear pants, jeans or shorts except during yardwork or household cleaning projects. Pajamas are for bed only.
(05-03-2013, 08:38 PM)lauermar Wrote: I have become a dress or skirts only woman for about 5 years now. At first, it was due to weight changes. My old pants didn't fit well anymore while most of my dresses still did. Lately, I can't say that's the cause anymore, because I replaced my pants with the correct size. And yet I rarely want to wear pants, jeans or shorts anymore. I'm a size 8 not plus, so size isn't the problem. I think it's my attitude. Since menopause, I feel less feminine, youthful or attractive anymore. Makeup, haircolor and exercise help, but they aren't enough. I don't want Botox or vanity surgery. I think I look too pedestrian, average, ordinary, fade-into-the-woodwork when I dress like everyone else. The women & girls in my side of town *never* wear skirts or dresses except to a prom or formal occasion. So in dressing my way, I feel I stand out as someone who looks different. My icon picture is how I dress to work or mass, except for the hat, which I would not wear to work. Dresses & skirts have become casual wear for me. I don't wear pants, jeans or shorts except during yardwork or household cleaning projects. Pajamas are for bed only.

:tiphat: Hey Soul Sister! And you do NOT look even peri-menopausal (35-40). So glad to hear you're anti-surgery, too. I have friends (early 30s) already being shot full of stuff, due to sun damage. Then they're talked into duck lips. They're losing that "human" look, and then get on the roller coaster of botox-depression-more botox-antidepressants, etc.

I own 2 prs of jeans (and summer shorts), but am also mainly dress/skirt. I try to fancy it up for Mass more. I have this over-90 yo lady a pew ahead of me, frail little thing, and I've never seen her in the same dress or skirt twice! I figured she had to be a billionaire (because they're all nice clothes). Being nosy, we asked where she got the beautiful clothes. She's been a size 2 (used to be sz 8 I think she said) all her life; she talks about long-closed stores in Europe where she got the things, pre-WWII, and how well she takes care of all her things.  I want to be just like her if I live that long. (Her car is sweet, too: a pale blue 60s convertible ragtop that she bought new and took great care of. She gives us tips on how to take care of our clothes, hair, stockings (I usually go without stockings, but I play along). Wonderful woman. Knows that missal inside and out, too.) She's who I want to be like, and I love having a parish where there are people you want to be like as you age.
I am not skirts-only, but I'm skirts-only for Mass and about 60-50 the rest of the time, so I'll answer.

Nightgowns are great for floating around on summer evenings, post-shower. (Apparently I am the only person in the world who showers in the evening instead of the morning.) Wear them to bed? Impossible. Ridiculous. Like I want my legs in a straitjacket at night.

I own pajamas, classic grandpa-style pajamas with a conservative collared top, long-sleeved, big goofy snaps down the front, and the silly pants with a drawstring that doesn't really work. I wear them in this fashion for a few nights. Inevitably the top ends up being exchanged for a big t-shirt. I wear that with the pants for a few nights. Then I give up on the pants and just go to bed in the big t-shirt and underwear, as God intended.

I should just admit defeat and buy an old-fashioned nightshirt.
I'm about where Satori is, regarding the skirts/pants wearing. In spring and summer, I wear extra-large men's shirts in the evenings and early mornings (cast-offs from my uncle who purged his closet a few years ago). Very comfortable, economical, and I don't have to worry about them being immodest, since they're huge and I'm tiny. In the fall, when it's cold enough to bring the featherbed and comforter back out, I turn the heat off in my house and sleep in very old, worn-in, nap-less flannel pajamas that I can't bring myself to get rid of.
As for daytime wear I prefer skirts, long skirts. But lately I've been into wearing yoga pants with long shirts. I'm into exercising at the YMCA a lot in the mornings and it's just too much trouble for me to change after that. I did order some of those athletic skorts for summertime. I figger they're a good idea.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

As someone who lives out in the country in a muddy field and has to sling firewood, heave bags of goat feed, lug giant water bottles, and fight off rambunctious horny bucks, I get a little indignant at anyone who says that pants are not ever really more convenient and modest than skirts. It really does depend on what you're doing.
(05-04-2013, 11:36 AM)Satori Wrote: As someone who lives out in the country in a muddy field and has to sling firewood, heave bags of goat feed, lug giant water bottles, and fight off rambunctious horny bucks, I get a little indignant at anyone who says that pants are not ever really more convenient and modest than skirts. It really does depend on what you're doing.

:LOL: I want to produce a youtube video of you doing your chores.