The dress/skirt only women....
(05-24-2013, 11:19 PM)MeredithA Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 06:26 AM)Satori Wrote: Meredith, I have always had the chafing problem, even when I was very slender. I guess some women just naturally have fuller thighs, and thenother  women receive them as a special gift from the Thigh Goddess after having babies ... Well, the secret to dealing with chafing in a skirt is to wear a pair of cotton boxer briefs under your skirt on warm, active days. Or a similar undergarment, like those pettipants that old ladies still wear sometimes.

Thank you satori and Fontervault (sp?) it helps! Now, shall I attempt to do this again...  However, the pajama bottoms are staying.

I suppose I should mention that I see no reason why you shouldn't wear pants all the time if you want to, provided they are decent. Just thought you should know the Secret, in case you really want to wear skirts.
(05-25-2013, 06:54 AM)Satori Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 11:19 PM)MeredithA Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 06:26 AM)Satori Wrote: Meredith, I have always had the chafing problem, even when I was very slender. I guess some women just naturally have fuller thighs, and thenother  women receive them as a special gift from the Thigh Goddess after having babies ... Well, the secret to dealing with chafing in a skirt is to wear a pair of cotton boxer briefs under your skirt on warm, active days. Or a similar undergarment, like those pettipants that old ladies still wear sometimes.

Thank you satori and Fontervault (sp?) it helps! Now, shall I attempt to do this again...  However, the pajama bottoms are staying.

I suppose I should mention that I see no reason why you shouldn't wear pants all the time if you want to, provided they are decent. Just thought you should know the Secret, in case you really want to wear skirts.

I'd just been following this thread & thought I'd give skirts a go. Also summers can be H O T and I'd found some supercute MODEST summer dresses I thought I'd try. Now, if only I can remember where I'd seen them...
Happy to help if I can! 

I do historical reenactment and wear floor length linen dresses in summer with a minimum of 2 layers to them (and sometimes as many as 4).  Biker shorts (cotton-lycra blend) seem to do the trick.  I've tried polyester slips that are shorts and they do not breath as well.  Whatever you put on should wick moisture away from your body and help evaporative cooling along if at all possible.  In really hot, sticky weather, a dusting of talc will also help. 

Shorts have an added benefit: if you are working with small children, you know you are covered no matter how silly things get.  :grin:
Cotton is a must in hot weather. I don't know why anyone would buy a polyester or nylon slip by choice -- they stick!
(05-25-2013, 08:01 PM)Satori Wrote: Cotton is a must in hot weather. I don't know why anyone would buy a polyester or nylon slip by choice -- they stick!

I agree .Ew.
I'm wearing a floor-length maxi dress now; cotton; one layer but you can't see anything. Spaghetti straps though, so my daughter isn't too happy with it. (Tbh I've got the A/C cranked up; the dress is insta-pretty, but when I'm alone in the house, I'm going to slip into the shorter dresses again because this is HOT. (Not hot-sexy; hot-warm.) —And if it's a hot summer and we lose power again, I'm afraid I'll be bathing suit and one of those holey cover-up dresses. (ACs use up way too much generator just to keep the house under 80; upstairs it'll get to 100 w/out A/C!)

I hate bipolar weather.
(05-27-2013, 03:23 AM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: I hate bipolar weather.

:rofl:

South Texas, Gulf Coast here - I'll have to use that phrase. Perfect description!

Wonder if I could give the weather some prozac and stabilitze it's mood.  :LOL:
I actually find a knee length cotton skirt, sometimes a knit depending on how thick it is, to be cooler in the summer anyway than pants or even shorts (which I haven't worn in years anyway).

Last time I even tried to put on a pair of pants I yanked them off as fast as I could. Couldn't stand all that fabric sticking to my legs in the heat!
Sanctmaria, I used to love skirts in warm weather because they kept me cooler! I think I found a perfect pair of exercise type pats to wear underneath-no elastic waistband and the fabric seems to breathe. Now, let'so get ut the sewing machine.