Pope Blind in One Eye
http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldn...9861.story
From the link....

New evidence is emerging of Benedict’s declining physical condition. Peter Seewald, a German journalist who has interviewed Benedict on numerous occasions, said that when he last saw the pope 10 weeks ago, his hearing had deteriorated and he appeared to have gone blind in his left eye.

“His body had become so thin that the tailors had difficulty in keeping up with newly fitted clothes. ... I'd never seen him so exhausted-looking, so worn down,” he told Focus, a German magazine, on Saturday.

Seewald quoted the pope as saying: “I'm an old man and the strength is ebbing. I think what I've done is enough.” Asked if he was considering retiring, Benedict replied, "That depends on how much my physical strength will force me to that."
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
The first thought I had when I found out the Pope was resigning was oh no, then, what if he has cancer or something....
(02-17-2013, 08:18 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
True DAT!
(02-17-2013, 07:53 PM)salus Wrote: http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldn...9861.story
Read the rules! Read the rules! Read the rules! Read the rules! Read the rules!

Quote:
Don't just post URLs with no summaries, no effort at explaining what the URLs link to. Preferred is the posting of entire articles (or, if they're extremely long, their relevant parts) -- and especially preferred is the posting of articles accompanied by some of your own commentary. It makes things much more interesting and stimulates responses! And please cite sources!

(02-17-2013, 08:08 PM)Dino Wrote: From the link....

New evidence is emerging of Benedict’s declining physical condition. Peter Seewald, a German journalist who has interviewed Benedict on numerous occasions, said that when he last saw the pope 10 weeks ago, his hearing had deteriorated and he appeared to have gone blind in his left eye.

“His body had become so thin that the tailors had difficulty in keeping up with newly fitted clothes. ... I'd never seen him so exhausted-looking, so worn down,” he told Focus, a German magazine, on Saturday.

Seewald quoted the pope as saying: “I'm an old man and the strength is ebbing. I think what I've done is enough.” Asked if he was considering retiring, Benedict replied, "That depends on how much my physical strength will force me to that."

Thank you.