Excellent audiosancto!!
(02-18-2013, 02:22 PM)HomemakinMom Wrote: they are trying to start a new order that will only offer the TLM

Then I'll certainly pray for them and wish them the best of luck!  I didn't know this was really an option for new groups with +Muller at/near the helm...
I was very surprised at this sermon too but to me it spoke not so much as a criticism of the pope but the deep sense of abandonment felt
By many faithful Catholics on hearing of the popes abdication.  After all when Peter left Rome he clearly did it with the best of intentions.
I am sure that the Catholics of that time understood his decision in light of the awful persecution they were facing.  And yet he was turned back by Christ.
None of us can know why the pope acted as he did so suddenly and half way through the year of faith. We must also trust that he has good reasons even if he is unable to say what they are. Nevertheless could we not hope and pray that Jesus himself might turn the pope around again
If he has made a mistake.
To me this was the sentiment of the sermon.
(02-18-2013, 04:10 PM)Catmasters Wrote: I was very surprised at this sermon too but to me it spoke not so much as a criticism of the pope but the deep sense of abandonment felt
By many faithful Catholics on hearing of the popes abdication.  After all when Peter left Rome he clearly did it with the best of intentions.
I am sure that the Catholics of that time understood his decision in light of the awful persecution they were facing.  And yet he was turned back by Christ.
None of us can know why the pope acted as he did so suddenly and half way through the year of faith. We must also trust that he has good reasons even if he is unable to say what they are. Nevertheless could we not hope and pray that Jesus himself might turn the pope around again
If he has made a mistake.
To me this was the sentiment of the sermon.
Amen to the bolded part.  I can't make any sense out of the Pope's decision.  Best thing I can do is to keep up with my rosary, maybe add a few extra prayers, and to remember God is in control and that Mary has us under her wing.
(02-18-2013, 02:22 PM)HomemakinMom Wrote: I heard this homily in person yesterday morning.  I can tell you that he's a good holy priest who is definitely not SSPX or independent, and is not affiliated with the FSSP or other traditional order, nor is he diocesan -- they are trying to start a new order that will only offer the TLM.  Same with the other priest you're referring to.  They have been a true spiritual blessing to our family.

I know who this priest is; I recognize the voice. I met him in person about a decade ago when he gave a mission at my parish and I never forgot him.  I wondered where he was.  I had heard that he only offers the TLM and that is a logical progression.
I thought I had heard this Priest on EWTN years ago. I very much like what both of the new ones audiosancto have to say.
I just attended a parish mission given by this priest, and the other "new one." It was wonderful! I haven't listened to this homily yet, but plan to tonight Smile