Sede version of facebook by MHFM.
(02-27-2013, 01:06 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: The immature side of me is tempted to go over there and rattle their cages a little bit....  :grin: But i won't. It's not exactly the holiest thing for one to do.

Mighty nice of you to be so considerate. Unfortunately those people would chew you up and spit you out!
Please don't adopt an arrogant mentality of "number superiority". Look at yourselves against the mainstream, and the origins of the "traditionalist" movement.

Also, let's not obscure the fact that having a more dynamic and personal "trad" Catholic internet network is a great idea.
The other day I was watching  a beautiful video in Youtube, a presentation of Missa pro Defunctis by Cristobal de Morales with awesome pictures, but in the right side, the list of related videos was offering me as "featured" a video of a "Gay story" showing a caption shamelessly suggesting an homosexual act. I fear Facebook isn't an exception to this trends (doesn't filter some undesireable publicity)  and it will get worse.

TL;DR: I think Catholic "countercutlure" needs a few parallel communication mediums and institutions, specially for the young.
Hmm... I've never programmed anything like a social networking site, but would love to contribute my skills if there is interest.  I could go either CGI (Perl/PHP) or Java (Java Enterprise Edition).
(02-27-2013, 07:31 PM)OldMan Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 01:06 PM)tradne4163 Wrote: The immature side of me is tempted to go over there and rattle their cages a little bit....  :grin: But i won't. It's not exactly the holiest thing for one to do.

Mighty nice of you to be so considerate. Unfortunately those people would chew you up and spit you out!
Sorry, I didn't realize how condescending that sounded, along with my small numbers comment. Please forgive me.
(02-27-2013, 08:51 PM)tradne4163 Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 07:31 PM)OldMan Wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realize how condescending that sounded, along with my small numbers comment. Please forgive me.

Fair enough. Pax.