Bishops ask for fast and abstinence: What is their game here?
(03-04-2013, 12:27 AM)DrBombay Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 11:38 PM)Poche Wrote: It is an attempt to get everyone to do good for good results.

I'm sure that's what they'd like you to believe, Poche.  But we all know that we cannot eat grits if evil will be the result.  QED
Evil doesn't result from eating grits
Let me get this straight. The Bishops are asking us to fast and abstain to promote heresy? That's what I thought. My God, the Church in the US is in worse shape than I thought. May God have mercy on us all!!!
The more I think about this, the more I think I might have a steak on Friday! :) Meat Eaters it is!!!
I don't eat meat on Fridays. I do it for penance, not for the latest whiz bang notion some Bishop has concocted.

tim
(03-03-2013, 12:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 02:14 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: I stopped reading when I saw "Christ the King" and "Religious Liberty" in the same sentence.  The Modernists are now using penance to promote their pernicious doctrines.

That's what I'm sayin.

You responded — finally!

But let me ask you this:  Are you trolling me, or am I trolling you?  :hmmm:  :LOL:
(03-04-2013, 11:33 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 12:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 02:14 AM)SouthpawLink Wrote: I stopped reading when I saw "Christ the King" and "Religious Liberty" in the same sentence.  The Modernists are now using penance to promote their pernicious doctrines.

That's what I'm sayin.

You responded — finally!

But let me ask you this:  Are you trolling me, or am I trolling you?  :hmmm:  :LOL:

Ibid.

[Image: aliens_zps1516783a.jpg]
(03-02-2013, 11:55 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Did you know that the Conciliar Bishops have asked all Catholics to fast and abstain from meat on every Friday of the year, through November 23, 2013? I'm surprised I haven't seen this mentioned around here, since, if there's one thing I know that traddies love to do (besides navel gazing about hidden secrets and mis-consecrated planets) it's fast and abstain!

http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachin...pledge.cfm

Quote:Call to Prayer: Pledge to Fast

Pledge to fast during the Call to Prayer

In this Year of Faith, the U.S. Bishops are encouraging Catholics throughout the country to offer their Friday acts of sacrifice and penance, and particularly to abstain from meat and fast on Fridays until Christ the King Sunday (November 24, 2013), for the intention of the protection of Life, Marriage, and Religious Liberty.

Answer this call to prayer, penance, and sacrifice by making a pledge to abstain from meat and to fast on Fridays.

Sign your name to the online pledge and join your spiritual and bodily sacrifice with others in the Church for these intentions.

Encourage others to join the movement by sharing this page and our Facebook page with them!

Is this an insidious attempt to get us trads to do something good (fast & abstain) to achieve something evil (religious liberty)? Are the modernists attempting to co-opt us by turning our traditions against us?

I believe we should instead turn the tables on the Conciliar Bishops!! I say all traddies should eat meat on every single Friday until November 23, 2013, and not only should we eat meat, we should absolutely GORGE ourselves!!! We should eat so much meat, we will be like the Jews eating quail in the wilderness, it will be coming out of our noses.  ESPECIALLY, DURING LENT!!!! By doing this, we will be sending a clear message to the Conciliar Bishops that we are not falling for their evil schemes and we will not be mocked!

In addition, I would like to request that Vox change the name of the site for the duration to MEATEATERS!!!

Who's with me??? Meateaters of the world, unite!!!! Stick a thumb in the eye of the modernist Conciliar Bishops and let them know we reject their diabolical disorientation.
The more I think about it, I'll fast and abstain on Wednesday for the intentions of life, marriage and the promotion of the Catholic Faith against the heresy promoted by the Bishops. And that steak is gonna be delicious on Friday!