Italian priest burns photo of Benedict during Mass!
Isn't that ludicrous or what?
I don't understand what could possess any person to do this.
(03-04-2013, 05:29 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: What exactly do Italians mean when they burn images of people?  I believe certain masonic groups require the burning of images of saints as part of the initiation ceremony.  It looks a bit like a curse to me.  What is it exactly?
I read it's part of a Mafia's  "made-man" initiation, both in Sicily and in the U.S. to put one's blood on a picture of a Saint and the burn the picture.
(03-04-2013, 10:01 PM)MarkA Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 05:29 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: What exactly do Italians mean when they burn images of people?  I believe certain masonic groups require the burning of images of saints as part of the initiation ceremony.  It looks a bit like a curse to me.  What is it exactly?
I read it's part of a Mafia's  "made-man" initiation, both in Sicily and in the U.S. to put one's blood on a picture of a Saint and the burn the picture.

Yes, I found that out in a google search.  And as the picture of the saint is burning they promise to burn in hell before they break the code of silence.  Revolting.
(03-04-2013, 10:04 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 10:01 PM)MarkA Wrote:

Yes, I found that out in a google search.  And as the picture of the saint is burning they promise to burn in hell before they break the code of silence.  Revolting.

I'm sure the boys in Montreal do the same thing, so it's not just Sicily and the US. Shocked
Pray Pray Pray
This priest has got my sympathy. I don't like Benedict either.
I've been talking to a lot of Novus Ordinarians in the last week and I have been surprised at how many of them think ex-Pope Benedict is a chicken for abandonning his post.

Did not expect that reaction from them.
Oh, my!  How awful.  Perhaps the priest is a bit stressed.  I hope he finds some peace.