The Next Pope / Latin Mass ... What the new Pope Should Do
(03-05-2013, 07:30 PM)JoniCath Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 02:40 PM)Stu Cool Wrote: This sums me up.  I am 27 years old and I feel like Vatican II and the subsequent upheaval launched in its name was a calamity for my generation and the preceding one.  If it hadn't been for the Tridentine Mass which my wife introduced me to two years ago while we were in the beginning stages of our courtship, I would not be where I am today in relation with the Faith.  I am discovering more and more about the Church and its rich history.  Perennial is right!

Stu, You're right. Your generation & the one before you have also been cheated.. My 4 children are age 45, 48, 49 & 51. Their Catechesis was horrible. We tried, but we were so confused at that time........I can't tell you how many times I heard, "Well, that's not what Mrs.__________said". I began to feel ill-equipped to teach my own children the faith as I had learned it. I was hoping that my nieces & nephews (your age) would be taught the faith of the ages. They weren't, even those who attended Catholic schools. The confusion now will be passed onto my Grandchildren.  :monstrance:

I'm one of those of the generation before.  I'm 40+ and have only learned about my faith in the last 15 years.  I have so much more to learn.  I do hope the next pope is strong enough to fix this mess.  I think B16 had the way but not the will. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Next Pope / Latin Mass ... What the new Pope Should Do - by Celynia_Finn - 03-05-2013, 08:36 PM