I'll be going to see the Shroud of Turin
And if anyone else in the NYC & LI area would like to join, I hear it will be at Sacred Heart Church in Island Park, NY - just north of Long Beach, a little ways south of Rockville Centre. Has anyone else heard any details? I'm pretty excited, yet humbled.
You do realise that this is just a 'touring copy'? The Shroud will remain, as always, in Turin, tho' Papa Emeritus left orders before his resignation that television images of the Shroud will be broadcast on Holy Saturday. I plan on watching!
(03-05-2013, 12:16 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: You do realise that this is just a 'touring copy'? The Shroud will remain, as always, in Turin, tho' Papa Emeritus left orders before his resignation that television images of the Shroud will be broadcast on Holy Saturday. I plan on watching!

Yes, perhaps I should have been much more clear and I did see the announcement about the broadcast.
please pray for me
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
I saw the real thing in Turin maybe 10-12 years ago, the last time they had an exposition.  Interesting, and I am glad I went, but couldn't see more than a vague outline.  Most prominent things were the burn marks.

The negative photographs are FAR more impressive.

I think they get it out every 10 or 25 years.  Something like that.

Kinda interesting to see a piece of cloth that shrouded Jesus though.  I found it more uplifiting than visiting the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
It's every 25.  Cannot remember whether I went in 1998 or 2000.

http://www.shroud.com/expos.htm
They say Prince William is a clone from the blood on the Shroud and is, in fact, the anti-Christ.

[Image: face.jpg]

Definitely a resemblance.

If there's one thing I can believe easily, it's that the God-hating devil incarnate would be an Englishman.  With bad teeth to boot.
If anyone wants good reading on the subject I recommend Verdict on the Shroud by Kenneth E. Stevenson and Gary R. Habermas.
I meant to post this days ago, but y'all know how life is. The presentation was awesome, unfortunately I got stuck in a situation I was trying to avoid and was forced to leave early. :'(

If anyone ever has the chance to see this presentation, DO IT!  It was so worth it that I almost cried when I had to leave.