100 days. A silly wishlist.
First post amended with new wishes.
Forgive my lack of knowledge of such matters, but why suppress RCIA?  I'm unfamiliar with any objection to it.
No!!! Go backt 1958 missal which has the 2nd confiteor...
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Quote:Forgive my lack of knowledge of such matters, but why suppress RCIA?  I'm unfamiliar with any objection to it.

Some of us suffer greatly under it.

It is a modernist (false archaeologism, to be specific) novelty which prevents eligible people from being Baptized/Confirmed into the Catholic faith when they desire to be, but instead makes them wait, sometimes many months and even years, to correspond to a made up, modern calendar of invented rites of initiation.  It is a scandal and it must go.  It has many other problems.  Start a thread about it and I'll bleed ink all over it for you.
You forgot the most important one:

Takes the name Urban IX

(should be #1)

Tip o' the hat
(03-05-2013, 10:15 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote:
Quote:Forgive my lack of knowledge of such matters, but why suppress RCIA?  I'm unfamiliar with any objection to it.

It is a modernist (false archaeologism, to be specific) novelty which prevents eligible people from being Baptized/Confirmed into the Catholic faith when they desire to be, but instead makes them wait, sometimes many months and even years, to correspond to a made up, modern calendar of invented rites of initiation.  It is a scandal and it must go.  It has many other problems.  Start a thread about it and I'll bleed ink all over it for you.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I do agree the waiting period is horrific,and under many circumstances not necessary at all.  My biggest beef with the programs I've seen is the watered down theology.  Drives me nuts!  When I have a class (confirmation) I don't even use a book.  I think I could "bleed ink" over that discussion.  LOL

Thanks again.
(03-05-2013, 10:33 PM)Celynia_Finn Wrote:
(03-05-2013, 10:15 PM)Burdensome1 Wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  I do agree the waiting period is horrific,and under many circumstances not necessary at all.  My biggest beef with the programs I've seen is the watered down theology.  Drives me nuts!  When I have a class (confirmation) I don't even use a book.  I think I could "bleed ink" over that discussion.   LOL

Thanks again.

When I was in RCIA the "highlights" were the discussions about how awesome Episcopalian priestesses were and how much circular reasoning and stupidity was in my old Baltimoe Catechism. There were a few decent instructors but I can't say it really imparted anything of substance about the Faith to me at all. I agree that it ought to be supressed or at the very least overseen by priests, deacons or religious (who actually believe in the Faith) and that exceptions ought to be made for those who are truly ready to simply be baptized or confirmed without all the extra rituals associated with the program (Rite of welcoming etc.)
Quote:Takes the name Urban IX

I'd prefer Pius XIII, but I'm happy with either.  Amended.
So, just for the sake of asking....why NOT perform a conditional consecration of Russia?  I don't personally have a keen interest in the topic, but I know that many do, why not just put it to bed?

That's the big question Burdensome1.  Why not?  Who would it hurt?  Many believe it has to do with the Pact of Metz (Ostpolitik) an agreement that the Vatican signed with the Russian Orthodox in Metz so they'd attend the Second Vatican Council.  With the agreement the Vatican wasn't suppose to condemn communism during the Council and they didn't.  I don't know how this would still be preventing the Consecration of Russia to be done now though.  Apparently the Pact has not been revoke but Russia is not suppose to be communist anymore, but some think it still is to some extent.  Putin is apparently not a communist now although he was a KGB officer.  Today there are many parties in Russia claiming to be the successors of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, the largest being the Communist Party of the Russian Federation.  It is the second largest political party in the Russian Federation, next to United Russia, headed by Putin.

United Russia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Russia

Communist Party of the Russian Federation
(if you look at their flag-map on this site it looks like it takes in all of Europe too)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_P...Federation