100 days. A silly wishlist.
(03-06-2013, 12:03 AM)Burdensome1 Wrote: So, just for the sake of asking....why NOT perform a conditional consecration of Russia?  I don't personally have a keen interest in the topic, but I know that many do, why not just put it to bed?

I've wondered if those who speak about the necessity of the Consecration, would think the requirement would be fulfilled if the Pope consecrated every nation by name at once. That is starting with Afghanistan and going all the way to Zimbabwe listing every nation (including Russia obviously). Thus Russia would be consecrated by name, but while remaining sensitive to political considerations etc.
(03-06-2013, 12:25 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote: Thus Russia would be consecrated by name, but while remaining sensitive to political considerations etc.

Maybe, but -

dontcha think that is the heart of the bloody problem, being "sensitive to political considerations" more than being "sensitive" to the command of the Mother of God?
(03-06-2013, 12:42 AM)MRose Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 12:25 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote: Thus Russia would be consecrated by name, but while remaining sensitive to political considerations etc.

Maybe, but -

dontcha think that is the heart of the bloody problem, being "sensitive to political considerations" more than being "sensitive" to the command of the Mother of God?

I certainly agree - I ways just wondering whether that would fulfill her command - if it would make the consecration more likely then wouldn't that be a good thing.
(03-06-2013, 12:48 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote:

Maybe, but -

I certainly agree - I ways just wondering whether that would fulfill her command - if it would make the consecration more likely then wouldn't that be a good thing.

You would think that would work.  But they should just do it anyways, without beating around the bush.
Why not put on cardinal robes and see if you can sneak into the conlcave?
How would you feel about removing the Luminous mysteries? Add it to your list if you wish..
(03-06-2013, 07:08 AM)Armor of Light Wrote: How would you feel about removing the Luminous mysteries? Add it to your list if you wish..

I like that! And please add additional confession time to the list.
Lynne

+JMJ+

"Certainly, you must be informed about modern errors because preaching the truth involves preaching about distancing oneself from error; but do not make the negative, secondary aspect into the most important! Your first aim is not to fight against error but to know the truth. Your central concern should be study, your sanctification, silence, meditation, and the exercise of charity." - Archbishop Lefebvre
List amended.
(03-05-2013, 07:36 PM)mikemac Wrote: That would be number 29 AdOrientem.
t'would indeed...thanks for the correction!
(03-06-2013, 12:48 AM)DoktorDespot Wrote:

Maybe, but -

That sounds like a very doable and good solution. Fr. Gruner are you reading this ?

tim