Accusations against Pope Benedict XVI - the Latina Defense
Since I live in the heart of Liberalism in the Northwest, I have occasionally gotten the snide, but baseless accusations about how Pope Benedict was involved in various pedophilia coverups. Today's was from some aging hippie from Ireland that I work with (I guess he figured Paddy and Mike couldn't rough him up for such comments in the USA). I was just too tired to get into it with him, so I responded with the evil eye, and moved on.

Later I saw him in the Lunchroom talking to a contractor from Venezuela.  I commented as I passed, "I suppose you made the same accusations about the Pope to her." He blanched and headed for the door. He knew if she knew his opinions of Pope Benedict, it would offend her cultural sensibilities - something liberals never do. Besides, she would have launched on him in a stream of fury if he criticized the Pope. Once his hypocrisy was exposed. He has remained silent about the whole issue.

Moral of the story: If some liberal is criticizing the Pope - get a Latina to come to your defense...  helpsmiley
An especially effective tactic if the Latina in question is pretty and young.
Where I live we are surrounded by Protestants. If one of them attacks the pope we are likely to be fighting in the street.
Duel Duel Duel
(03-06-2013, 01:28 AM)Poche Wrote: Where I live we are surrounded by Protestants. If one of them attacks the pope we are likely to be fighting in the street.
Duel Duel Duel

Back in 1902 or 1903 the Methodist Church in St Bridget's Township, Marshall County, Kansas had a revival. Their evangelist got into the common, 'the Pope is the anti-Christ' crap. The bhoyos of St Bridget's Church, with names like O'Connor and O'Neil, decided to run him out of town on a rail. The governor had to call out the militia to put down the 'insurrection'. In those days, Catholics stood up for their Faith!
(03-06-2013, 01:34 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 01:28 AM)Poche Wrote: Where I live we are surrounded by Protestants. If one of them attacks the pope we are likely to be fighting in the street.
Duel Duel Duel

Back in 1902 or 1903 the Methodist Church in St Bridget's Township, Marshall County, Kansas had a revival. Their evangelist got into the common, 'the Pope is the anti-Christ' crap. The bhoyos of St Bridget's Church, with names like O'Connor and O'Neil, decided to run him out of town on a rail. The governor had to call out the militia to put down the 'insurrection'. In those days, Catholics stood up for their Faith!

I guess that's why my Irish co-worker is no longer in Ireland. I don't think he'd fare too well there, if he made these accusations against the Pope in Erin.
(03-06-2013, 01:28 AM)Poche Wrote: I guess that's why my Irish co-worker is no longer in Ireland. I don't think he'd fare too well there, if he made these accusations against the Pope in Erin.

I wish it were true.  The Church has virtually collapsed in Ireland – not that long ago, when I was younger, it was an invincible bastion of faith.  Now, it is chic to bash The Church, and one is particularly “enlightened” the more they show contempt for the faith.  The less secure Irish always wanted to be like American …Pity - it seems that foolishness is catching.

CPC