Is Catholicism True?
Well gee, that settles it now.
(03-06-2013, 11:22 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 09:42 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 09:31 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 09:24 PM)anamchara Wrote: Yes, it's true, I'm not entirely happy about it. I'd just soon go through life as a happy-go-lucky pagan. Happily, the Power of Christ compels me.

Do you think they are happy? I s it possible to be truly happy without God?

There have been plenty of truly radiant Buddhist monks over the centuries that would seem to point to a "yes" answer, although after death I don't think that they could be happy. If by "truly" happy you mean in eternity than I think no since I do not believe that those who do not know God in this life can get to Heaven at all, including the most radiantly joyful Buddhist monk/meditation master. So true happiness is not possible without God but a sort of happiness in this world without God is certainly possible.

I'm thinking maybe that sort of temporary happiness (that the monks have) is the worst thing that could happen to a person. Maybe it keeps you from finding the truth.

Happiness is a fleeting feeling, the joy found in God is a much greater thing.
You do know that is an anti-semitic remark, don't you?  :LOL:
(03-07-2013, 03:13 AM)seanipie Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 11:22 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 09:42 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 09:31 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 09:24 PM)anamchara Wrote: Yes, it's true, I'm not entirely happy about it. I'd just soon go through life as a happy-go-lucky pagan. Happily, the Power of Christ compels me.

Do you think they are happy? I s it possible to be truly happy without God?

There have been plenty of truly radiant Buddhist monks over the centuries that would seem to point to a "yes" answer, although after death I don't think that they could be happy. If by "truly" happy you mean in eternity than I think no since I do not believe that those who do not know God in this life can get to Heaven at all, including the most radiantly joyful Buddhist monk/meditation master. So true happiness is not possible without God but a sort of happiness in this world without God is certainly possible.

I'm thinking maybe that sort of temporary happiness (that the monks have) is the worst thing that could happen to a person. Maybe it keeps you from finding the truth.

Happiness is a fleeting feeling, the joy found in God is a much greater thing.
Happiness is contentment. Perfect happiness is only possible in Heaven. You cannot be content this side of Heaven because you are not what you were created to finally be, namely, a saint before the Vision of God. That is Heaven is often called eternal rest. That is, you are not restless.
I think the question would better be addressed: Is only Catholicism the one true Religion?
Oh Fisheaters.

You overcomplicate everything.
(03-06-2013, 04:09 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Well?
http://www.IsCatholicismTrue.com/
(03-07-2013, 12:29 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Oh Fisheaters.

Si, si.
(03-07-2013, 12:29 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Oh Fisheaters.

Well didn't you like my website? I tried to go with it, but then things got a little bit deep.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton