URGENT, URGENT, URGENT!!!!
(03-09-2013, 08:19 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Does she see a doctor? He could get her in, I'm pretty sure.... Don't ask me how I know these things....

Her doctors have said she is psychologically sound.  They said they could not do anything.
:pray:
(03-09-2013, 08:34 AM)City Smurf Wrote:
(03-09-2013, 08:19 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Does she see a doctor? He could get her in, I'm pretty sure.... Don't ask me how I know these things....

Her doctors have said she is psychologically sound.  They said they could not do anything.

Regardless of the fact that she wants to kill herself? She needs a new doctor.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
It's a resource  thing I'm sure.  She's not crazy enough. That's how it's works.

Comin at ya.... 
You don't need to be officially crazy--whatever that means, you just have to be a danger to yourself or others. Then they take you.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
*Imminent" danger to self or others.  If he's, 72 hr hold. If not, bye bye. 

One of the great liberal reforms of the 20th century was to stop the "oppression" of the mentally ill by "freeing" them from the asylums. 
(03-09-2013, 11:00 PM)Allan Wrote: *Imminent" danger to self or others.  If he's, 72 hr hold. If not, bye bye. 

One of the great liberal reforms of the 20th century was to stop the "oppression" of the mentally ill by "freeing" them from the asylums. 

To be fair, tax payers do not want to pay more taxes and without insurance it is unlikely anyone is going to receive quick services, always barring the most serious and credible. Also it is extremely difficult to qualify and actually receive Medicaid.

I know many cases like this individual and often the only help available is to get them arrested as quickly as possible, since the jails are obliged to provide some service. However, this is usually sub-standard and dangerous for all involved.
Can't speak to that.  I'm Canadian. We use a health card, not a Visa card - and we don't have or buy "health insurance".
I thought you were from up there, I was not sure.

Hopefully the US can figure out National Healthcare soon.
This woman in question is from Scotland.  Different system over here. :((