Wikipedia on Pope Francis I
I don't think there can be a Francis I until there is a Francis II.  Therefore, he is just Pope Francis. Period. End.  Cut and dried. Finis.

QED  :tiphat:
So it says he was ordained in 1969.

We are getting into or close to the generation that won't have any liturgical experience with the TLM.  And we know how well that's worked out in our parishes.

But, bless him, he's our Holy Father.
(03-13-2013, 09:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I don't think there can be a Francis I until there is a Francis II.  Therefore, he is just Pope Francis. Period. End.  Cut and dried. Finis.

QED   :tiphat:

Apparently Pope John Paul I, actually signed the first as part of his name. Something that was seen as prophetic after he passed and John Paul II was elected/
(03-13-2013, 10:40 PM)DoktorDespot Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 09:34 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I don't think there can be a Francis I until there is a Francis II.  Therefore, he is just Pope Francis. Period. End.  Cut and dried. Finis.

QED   :tiphat:

Apparently Pope John Paul I, actually signed the first as part of his name. Something that was seen as prophetic after he passed and John Paul II was elected/

Which is all the more reason to not call him Pope Francis I.  The Pope Emeritus Lives! Long Live the Pope! QED