What Do We Think of Pope Francis' First Decision?
I just find it hard to believe that a Jesuit would take the name of the founder of the Franciscan order. 
Fr Tom Rosica??  Oh...please no.  Can we start a bring back Lombardi campaign?
[quote='slewi' pid='1154921' dateline='1363210674']
My first thought was "another nearly 80 year,old Pope? So we can go through it all again in a few years? Sigh.
[/quote

The sooner the better.
(03-13-2013, 07:02 PM)OldMan Wrote: [quote='slewi' pid='1154921' dateline='1363210674']
My first thought was "another nearly 80 year,old Pope? So we can go through it all again in a few years? Sigh.
[/quote

The sooner the better.
You may be right, if he ends up opposing the TLM. We will have to wait and see.
(03-13-2013, 05:59 PM)Pheo Wrote: Fr Tom Rosica??  Oh...please no.  Can we start a bring back Lombardi campaign?

Who is Fr. Tom Rosica? Why is he so bad?
(03-13-2013, 08:21 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 05:59 PM)Pheo Wrote: Fr Tom Rosica??  Oh...please no.  Can we start a bring back Lombardi campaign?

Who is Fr. Tom Rosica? Why is he so bad?

He heads the uber-NO station here in Canada called Salt & Light.  He has had some interesting criticism of pro-lifers in the past (I don't mean to imply that he supports abortion), and was pleased to have an extended interview with Gregory Baum.  Baum is the ex-priest who ran off with a nun and advocates for gay marriage and artificial contraception.

Here's the Lifesite coverage of that particular incident from October:
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/same-se...lic-media/

This was Fr Rosica's description of [the apostate] Baum:
"I’ve certainly admired very much your theology, your writings but also your love of the Church, your love of Christ, and you helped to keep alive not only the spirit of the Second Vatican council, but also the authentic teaching of the Council … you remain a faithful, deeply devoted Catholic, love Jesus, the Church, the Eucharist."

There's a lot more that could be said, but suffice it to say that I hope this change in temporary.
(03-13-2013, 08:22 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

This was my first thought!
Cardinal Dolan confirms that the Holy Father chose his name in honor of Francis of Assisi, not Xavier or any other:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/861669...e-francis/
My gut tells me this is a status quo pope that won't rock the boat nor will he take the report b16 left with seriousness.