For Pope Francis
Lord, have mercy.
Our Rosary rally isn't over till Easter, please consider adding it to your intentions. :)
:pray:
Guys, an idea:

I'm planning on praying the Litany of St. Francis everyday for our Holy Father, with the intention that he be given the graces necessary to keep the purity of the faith. In particular: that he in no way budge on the more controversial issues like contraception* and the primacy of the Roman Pontiff**. And that he may be more open to the Traditional Latin Mass and the more ancient rituals attached to the papacy.

If some of you are inclined to do something similar (doesn't have to be the Litany, just pray something daily for this specific intention), we could by the mercy of God prevent some big things likely to come.

* a concern of mine since I've just read that he accepts contraception in cases of disease prevention
** he spoke of the papacy exclusively in terms of "the bishop of Rome", which sends signals that he will most likely avoid any air of superiority or authority that is attached to his office.

So please everyone, if you can, pray daily for him. :pray:
(03-14-2013, 04:01 AM)romanaround Wrote: Guys, an idea:

I'm planning on praying the Litany of St. Francis everyday for our Holy Father, with the intention that he be given the graces necessary to keep the purity of the faith. In particular: that he in no way budge on the more controversial issues like contraception* and the primacy of the Roman Pontiff**. And that he may be more open to the Traditional Latin Mass and the more ancient rituals attached to the papacy.

If some of you are inclined to do something similar (doesn't have to be the Litany, just pray something daily for this specific intention), we could by the mercy of God prevent some big things likely to come.

* a concern of mine since I've just read that he accepts contraception in cases of disease prevention
** he spoke of the papacy exclusively in terms of "the bishop of Rome", which sends signals that he will most likely avoid any air of superiority or authority that is attached to his office.

So please everyone, if you can, pray daily for him. :pray:

:pray: :pray2: :church: :monstrance: :pray:
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: