For Pope Francis
:pray2:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Two versions about Pope Francis and the TLM:

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com...-mass.html

Prudence is needed, always.
(03-14-2013, 03:38 PM)Pro Tridentina (Malta) Wrote: Two versions about Pope Francis and the TLM:

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com...-mass.html

Prudence is needed, always.

Very nice. (I wouldn't half-mind an Examinations sub-forum on FE, not that we Confess or be Absolved, of course, but that we could make public confessions of guilt and ask others to pray for us; maybe help get our examinations right. I go through the examinations, of course, but then there are BIG ONES like this where you just tell the priest, "you're not going to believe this one; might want a Valium before we proceed." :LOL: ) —I don't want to junk up the Oratory forum; I'm not even sure how to confess this.)

We pray for Pope Francis, regardless, just as we pray for our President, regardless. More over, we trust and thank God for Pope Francis.

:pray:

I feel guilty as hell for questioning this very meek Pope which the Cardinals elected in short order. End of story; I was not celebrating as I had instantly about (even before learning who!) Papa Benedictus XVI's Papacy. With Pope Francis, I barely watched as he came out on the Balcony, as I was researching (I understood the Latin enough to hear what sounded like "bergogly" and "franciscus" and ...well, it wasn't Petrus, but I'd never HEARD of this Cardinal! And I questioned, most sinfully, if the Holy Spirit had been ignored by the Cardinal electors. Or if they'd picked up some homeless straggler from the streets). I believe I broke about 3 commandments upon hearing the pronouncement, including a most important one, before His Holiness stepped near the balcony. I deserve Hell. (Can I praise God from Hell? Maybe that's my vocation; to praise God from Hell. To find others like myself and praise God from Hell.)

I also had forgotten that Papa Emeritus "stacked the deck" (all those Cardinals he made; nearly half the Conclave!!!), and that he CLEARLY had been planning retirement for years.

I just ...flipped. I did have the presence of mind to take the plenary indulgence! That's why I'm writing this: I took the blessing live, I plan to do a FULL Confession with the capital C (sacramental), duh will go to Mass, and (the most important part for me) is prayer for the intention of the Pope Francis. (But I obviously haven't been absent of mortal, much less venial, sin since that moment, so... eh. I'll see what my priest says. I'm sure I'll be on my knees AGAIN for a few hours reading Psalm 119 after the Penetentials and all the lovely readings he has me do for Penance. When I get Psalm One nineteen :eyeroll: —I tried telling my priest that I'd like to smack King David for penning that Psalm. That BOOK.)

Truly I do feel sorry for our new Papa, because I DO believe many (ME!) are still looking to Benedictus Emeritus and sad, not able to mourn [B16 is my 2nd favorite Pope, tied with Pope St Pius X and Pope Venerable Pius XII).

Plus, everybody knew Cardinal Ratzinger, but ...who knew Cardinal Bergoglio? (Besides other Cardinals, apparently.)

I feel like I've been hit with the holy stick. Long nights of prayer (as I've been praying today) coming up!

:pray: :pray: :pray:
(03-14-2013, 10:48 PM)StCeciliasGirl Wrote: Plus, everybody knew Cardinal Ratzinger, but ...who knew Cardinal Bergoglio? (Besides other Cardinals, apparently.)

Just a little something to keep in mind that might help:  How many Catholics before the late twentieth century knew anything about the cardinals who were candidates for pope?  In the end, they had to trust that the Holy Spirit was guiding the conclave.

For the Holy Father and for you: :pray:
:pray: and more to come

Oremus pro beatissimo Papa nostro Francisco:

Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra,

et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum eius.  Amen.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1AGNDE-Rs7ziucK9fudD...U7FldXrjMB]

Litany of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, have mercy on us.
    Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.  Christ, hear us.
    Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
    Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
    Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit,
    Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God,
    Have mercy on us.

Holy Mary, conceived without sin,
    Pray for us.
Holy Mary, special patroness of the three Orders of Saint Francis,
    Pray for us.
Saint Francis, seraphic patriarch, etc.
Saint Francis, most prudent father,
Saint Francis, despiser of the world,
Saint Francis, model of penance,
Saint Francis, conqueror of vices,
Saint Francis, imitator of the Saviour,
Saint Francis, bearer of the marks of Christ,
Saint Francis, sealed with the character of Jesus,
Saint Francis, example of purity,
Saint Francis, image of humility,
Saint Francis, abounding in grace,
Saint Francis, reformer of the erring,
Saint Francis, healer of the sick,
Saint Francis, pillar of the Church,
Saint Francis, defender of the Faith,
Saint Francis, champion of Christ,
Saint Francis, defender of thy children,
Saint Francis, invulnerable shield,
Saint Francis, confounder of the heretics,
Saint Francis, converter of the pagans,
Saint Francis, supporter of the lame,
Saint Francis, raiser of the dead,
Saint Francis, healer of the lepers,
Saint Francis, our advocate,

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,
    Spare us, O Lord.
    Graciously hear us, O Lord.
    Have mercy on us.

Christ, hear us.
    Christ, graciously hear us.

V.    Pray for us, O blessed father Francis,
R.    That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let Us Pray

O Lord Jesus Christ, Who, when the world was growing cold, in order to renew in our hearts the flame of love,
imprinted the sacred marks of Thy Passion on the body of our blessed father Francis,
mercifully grant that by his merits and prayers we may persevere in bearing the cross and may bring forth fruits worthy of penance,
Thou Who livest and reignest, world without end.  R. Amen.