Calm the heck down - and READ THIS : Pope Francis MAY not be what you think...
(03-13-2013, 06:40 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 06:39 PM)Papist Wrote: Is there evidence that he banned the TLM in his diocese?

I think the "evidence" most people point to is that fact that there are no TLM in his diocese.
Does this mean that he opposes it, or does it mean that no one in the diocese has actively tried to bring a TLM parish to fruition?
I wll say this. It will be terribly disheartening if he does not work on improving the liturgy.
Guys, I bet he's reading FE RIGHT NOW!
I hope that some good trad priests talk about the new Pope this Sunday. I know a few priests I'd like to hear from in these times, sadly, they are no longer with us in this world. Hopefully some good sermons will be up on audiosancto.
(03-13-2013, 06:42 PM)Papist Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 06:39 PM)Papist Wrote: Is there evidence that he banned the TLM in his diocese?

I think the "evidence" most people point to is that fact that there are no TLM in his diocese.
Does this mean that he opposes it, or does it mean that no one in the diocese has actively tried to bring a TLM parish to fruition?

Well, no exactly because people have mentioned several trad chapters that work in Buenos Aires so you can't really say it has been banned at the same time one needs to think that not one diocesan Priest would even be interested seems odd.
I have herd some people claim that there is less demand for the TLM in some other countries, because there are already fewer liturgical abuses and more reverence.  Not sure if that applies in the case of Argentina.  Does anyone know how much demand there is for the traditional liturgy in Buenos Aires?  Not having a single TLM looks bad, but there could be more to the story.

(03-13-2013, 06:47 PM)Johanna Wrote: I have herd some people claim that there is less demand for the TLM in some other countries, because there are already fewer liturgical abuses and more reverence.  Not sure if that applies in the case of Argentina.  Does anyone know how much demand there is for the traditional liturgy in Buenos Aires?  Not having a single TLM looks bad, but there could be more to the story.
That's what I am hoping, that there is more to the story.
(03-13-2013, 06:42 PM)Papist Wrote: I wll say this. It will be terribly disheartening if he does not work on improving the liturgy.

From the evidence known thus far, it appears either 1) He prefers a modernist, Mahoney-like liturgy or 2) He is indifferent to the liturgy in general, seeing it not as the "source and summit" of Christian life but as some kind of "trapping" that is ancillary.  I have seen no evidence anywhere that "reforming" the liturgy is or has ever been important to him.
(03-13-2013, 06:46 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:

Well, no exactly because people have mentioned several trad chapters that work in Buenos Aires so you can't really say it has been banned at the same time one needs to think that not one diocesan Priest would even be interested seems odd.

I know a priest from a traditional order who is from Argentina. Years ago, when the 2005 conclave was coming up, I mentioned Bergoglio because the Abbe de Nantes had spoken well of him. This priest made comments to the effect that he was not friendly to the traditional liturgy. I have also checked some Argentinian trad blogs, and they say that Bergoglio actively shut down Latin Masses, to the great dismay of the young faithful who were attending.

Checking on the Juventutem Argentina website, there do appear to be two regular Latin Masses in the diocese, but I have heard people speak of them as hybrid Masses.
(03-13-2013, 06:51 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 06:46 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:

I know a priest from a traditional order who is from Argentina. Years ago, when the 2005 conclave was coming up, I mentioned Bergoglio because the Abbe de Nantes had spoken well of him. This priest made comments to the effect that he was not friendly to the traditional liturgy. I have also checked some Argentinian trad blogs, and they say that Bergoglio actively shut down Latin Masses, to the great dismay of the young faithful who were attending.

Checking on the Juventutem Argentina website, there do appear to be two regular Latin Masses in the diocese, but I have heard people speak of them as hybrid Masses.

Much like everything we have heard to this point. It all seems rather contradictory.