A prayer and some charity for our new holy father Pope Francis
May we pray for the new Holy father Pope Francis as he,becomes our new pope today.

may we pray that he be led by the Holy Ghost throughout his papacy.

May he be an example of humility to us. And may he be orthodox in the church doctrine.

Here is a link that shows a little info on Pope Francis http://www.taylormarshall.com/2013/03/10...s.html?m=1

It says he is humble, he is conservative in doctrinal matters, and he defends the church teaching in moral and theoligocal areas, including the church's social justice.

Sadly it doesn't seem he is that traditional like the Latin Mass and other things  :((

Yet he is our pope and I love him :)

May God Bless him and may He bless us all

I completely agree with this.  It could have been a lot, lot, lot worse than this - we could have had some self-absorbed, narcissistic sycophant like Dolan in there - can I imagine him having the humility to take the bus to work, etc?  Not likely.

The new Holy Father looks like a win for humility and orthodoxy on church social teaching, etc.
(03-14-2013, 06:46 AM)CatholicMatthew Wrote: I completely agree with this.  It could have been a lot, lot, lot worse than this - we could have had some self-absorbed, narcissistic sycophant like Dolan in there - can I imagine him having the humility to take the bus to work, etc?  Not likely.

The new Holy Father looks like a win for humility and orthodoxy on church social teaching, etc.

I just think many people in this forum have given him a harsh criticism even thoigh it has only been 2 days that he is pope.

I think that he will be a great pope

Enough said and God Bless
Arturo