Thinking about changeing Religion ? Trad to Orthodox ( I need Advice.... im 25 )
(03-14-2013, 10:10 AM)Papist Wrote: I get that. But wouldn't it be better to worship as an Eastern Catholic than to suffer a modernist perish.

Sure, as long as they don't mind worshiping our way while they stay.
(03-14-2013, 10:18 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 10:10 AM)Papist Wrote: I get that. But wouldn't it be better to worship as an Eastern Catholic than to suffer a modernist perish.

Sure, as long as they don't mind worshiping our way while they stay.
Of course. One has to go where the faith is praticed, and the truth is preached.
(03-14-2013, 08:30 AM)Tim Wrote: Like Ggreg I believe we are in the Apostasy. Wherever we are each of us must make the best accommodation one can. Prayerfully lay it out before the Lord and make the best decision you can.

tim

this
Lynne

+JMJ+

"Certainly, you must be informed about modern errors because preaching the truth involves preaching about distancing oneself from error; but do not make the negative, secondary aspect into the most important! Your first aim is not to fight against error but to know the truth. Your central concern should be study, your sanctification, silence, meditation, and the exercise of charity." - Archbishop Lefebvre
Thanks Guys and Girls

Very Glad I posted here, Alot to think and pray about. I am moveing to Bucharest, many Eastern Catholic Chrurches there. Might just be the thing that saves my Soul and my Faith.

(03-14-2013, 10:03 AM)Papist Wrote: A good question for all: Why don't more traditionalists, who have suffered under the yoke of modernism for so long, become Eastern Catholics?

For the same reason we weren't Greeks to begin with:  we're Romans.  We think like Romans, speak like Romans, and our worship reflects our Roman-ness. 

The Latin Catholics problem is that someone took our Roman religion and transformed it into what a bunch of renaissance Germans ancient Catholicism might have been like.  All they achieved was making a new German religion. 

But we say that the Roman tradition is at least as old as the Greek tradition.  The Roman tradition is the other of the two pillars of Christianity - Roman and Greek.  There is no third, fourth or fifth pillar.  All Christianity is divided into one of those branches.  The Roman tradition must be saved, for the good of Roman, Greek and Jew.  If Romans don't save it, who will?  It is not the job of the Greek to save the Latin tradition.  It is the job of the Roman.  It's no different than in the empire in which the Church arose.  Latin and Greeks were united, yes.  And they cooperated, yes.  But it was the Romans' job to defend the west, and the Greeks' job to defend the east.   

Turning Greek will not solve the Romans' problem.  All it does is make the problem someone else's problem.  The Pharisee didn't solve the man's problem by walking away.  The Samaratin solved it by not walking away.

^ Great post. Very interesting perspective. There have been several instances in which I have considered going Byzantine in order to escape the modernists, but I am just a Latin at heart.
(03-14-2013, 11:10 AM)Chris87 Wrote: Thanks Guys and Girls

Very Glad I posted here, Alot to think and pray about. I am moveing to Bucharest, many Eastern Catholic Chrurches there. Might just be the thing that saves my Soul and my Faith.

Best of luck.  Obviously you don't have "Rome mania", any longer.

Hope you meet a nice local women.
(03-14-2013, 01:17 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 11:10 AM)Chris87 Wrote: Thanks Guys and Girls

Best of luck.  Obviously you don't have "Rome mania", any longer.

Hope you meet a nice local women.

haha Thanks mate
(03-14-2013, 06:07 AM)Chris87 Wrote: I realize there is the SSpx in Glasgow, Fssp in Edinbrugh and The Monks in Orkney.
I am unable to reach any of these mass's.

Glasgow also has the two diocesan licit diocesan parishes that offer the traditional Mass (with one of them having now had two monsignors celebrating).  As well as other Glasgow priests that are sympathetic to the traditional Mass.  There's also the Mass offered in the Diocese of Motherwell.  And Una Voce Scotland's Masses organised throughout the central belt.  What diocese are you in?  I myself am in the Diocese of Paisley.

I know that it doesn't help since if you're too far away from Glasgow for the SSPX then the diocesan Masses wont be of much benefit.  But Scotland isn't exactly a barren waste land.

I pray you do not apostasies from the true Faith.  Look for some Eastern Catholics (incidentally, PM me.  I have a friend whose girlfriend is Romanian.  If you know which diocese in Romania you'll be staying in, I can ask her for directions).
But Scotland isn't exactly a barren waste land.

Have you been there?