Pope Francis and the Anglican Ordinate
"[Bergoglio] is much more of a Christian, Christ centered and Spirit filled, than a mere churchman. He believes the Bible as it is written.
I have been with him on many occasions and he always makes me sit next to him and invariably makes me take part and often do what he as Cardinal should have done. He is consistently humble and wise, outstandingly gifted yet a common man. He is no fool and speaks out very quietly yet clearly when necessary.
He called me to have breakfast with him one morning and told me very clearly that the Ordinariate [creating by the Catholic Church to accommodate alienated Anglicans] was quite unnecessary and that the church needs us as Anglicans.
I consider this to be an inspired appointment not because he is a close and personal friend but because of who he is In Christ. Pray for him."

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctlive...oglio.html

:O Please let this be a misquote.....
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-b7nicx5uOJU/UU.../17525.jpg

:'((
And you can dredge up photos of Benedict and John Paul II doing much the same thing...point?
He appears to have been very ecumenically minded as a Cardinal. We don't know what he will do as Pope. My God grant the Holy Father the grace to perserve the truth.
It seems that the Holy Father's ecclesiology as archbishop was branch theorist at best, universalist at worst.

I pray that he will not reign in either manner, but how many men change that deeply at 76?
(03-14-2013, 11:59 AM)NihilNominis Wrote: And you can dredge up photos of Benedict and John Paul II doing much the same thing...point?

My point was to show that it is reasonable to assume it is not a misquote
Prior to Vatican 2 was there any substanial presence of Protestanism in Argentina?
Anglicans/Episcopalians are very much present throughout south America. Latins sure love laying hands and rock drums.
I am not shocked by the quote. Newchurchy universalism is like this: every religion leads everyone to heaven.  Except the SSPX. Those guys are all going to hell.

Seriously though...if you're part of a group of traditional Anglicans who bailed on your heritage and swam the Tiber under Benedict...only to find out you fell for the old bait 'n switch?  Man, I bet they're pi$$ed.....