Pope Francis and the Anglican Ordinate
Actually, I have some very good friends that are Anglicans. Their worship services are quite reverent. The priest prays Ad Orientum, and the Service is conducted per the 1790 Book of Common Prayer and readings from the King James Bible. They certainly conduct their services in a more dignified and reverent way than the NO Mass. The difference in points of Doctrine are relatively resolvable,

Their big issue is unity with the Catholic Church. I know my Anglican friends and their priest would be amenable to unity. Their main concern is the Modernists in the Catholic Church mandating that they incorporate unacceptable things into their services (such as altar girls, modern music, etc.)
(03-14-2013, 09:43 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote: Actually, I have some very good friends that are Anglicans. Their worship services are quite reverent. The priest prays Ad Orientum, and the Service is conducted per the 1790 Book of Common Prayer and readings from the King James Bible. They certainly conduct their services in a more dignified and reverent way than the NO Mass. The difference in points of Doctrine are relatively resolvable,

Their big issue is unity with the Catholic Church. I know my Anglican friends and their priest would be amenable to unity. Their main concern is the Modernists in the Catholic Church mandating that they incorporate unacceptable things into their services (such as altar girls, modern music, etc.)

Well under Benedict the Anglicans who were converting into the ordinariate were encouraged (in fact required) to retain Communion on the tongue kneeling, ad orientem, no altar girls etc. But who knows what will happen now?
(03-14-2013, 09:38 PM)Allan Wrote: I am not shocked by the quote. Newchurchy universalism is like this: every religion leads everyone to heaven.  Except the SSPX. Those guys are all going to hell.

Seriously though...if you're part of a group of traditional Anglicans who bailed on your heritage and swam the Tiber under Benedict...only to find out you fell for the old bait 'n switch?  Man, I bet they're pi$$ed.....

and considering Argentina's relationship with the UK. Hmm!.
(03-14-2013, 09:43 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote: 1790 Book of Common Prayer

If they are 'amenable to unity' why are they using the most Low Church, protestant version of the BCP in the PECUSA and where in God's name do they find them? Do they print them themselves? :)
That video of the F1 celebrating the youth mass had an altar girl. So...
And yet he's against same-sex "marriage" and "adoption," abortion, and contraception.  He may yet turn out okay.

Time will tell.
(03-15-2013, 12:32 AM)dark lancer Wrote: And yet he's against same-sex "marriage" and "adoption," abortion, and contraception.  He may yet turn out okay.

Time will tell.

You mean the Pope is Catholic?
oh and during the first mass, people would kneel, but many would take communion in the hand, a vile way to treat our Lord, at least that is what I belive, so I take it on the tongue always, and I do most of my responses even at the novas ordo in latin, even though asked not to by our priest, though he says he has no problem with the langage but it will confuse people, draw attention to myself, and confuse the other servers since I used to say it loud, now I say it really low, and I was also told by former North American Superior General of the FSSP, Fr. Gabbet, that I should honor the wishes of the priest of my home parish, I still usuualy dont as the new translation of the mass is just about as litteral as the english is going to get to the latin as far as I can see, so I am saying the same thing the same way only in the mother tongue of our church.

I actually started doing that since it were to become so close so that I could practice the latin in case I ever have to fill in at the 1962 rite mass with Fr. Gabbet, I did once last year when there was a huge snowstorm and none of the servers could make it, I didnot get to vest though in a cassock and surpluse I think its called.  But I did get to do the responces and only got stuck once one the et salutarum da nobis, and I got to ring the bells, and hold the paten during communion for Father, I thanked God for the chance and opperatunity to serve the Traditional Mass, even if it is just this once, and I will not stop till we have a tridentine mass at my home church at St Joesephs, even if it is for my requeium mass, I request it be in the extraordnary form, and I hope my family will honor that last request, that and that I die in a state of grace because you all know what happens if any of us dont,  there will be hell to pay, even if God is full of mercy, it would be presumtious that the last mortal sin will not do us in.
(03-15-2013, 12:01 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 09:43 PM)10th_Crusader Wrote: 1790 Book of Common Prayer

If they are 'amenable to unity' why are they using the most Low Church, protestant version of the BCP in the PECUSA and where in God's name do they find them? Do they print them themselves? :)
Sorry I was a year off - it was the  1789 Book of Common Prayer. It was pretty much the same Book of Common Prayer as was used in the Virginia Colony.
(03-14-2013, 11:53 AM)nmoerbeek Wrote: He called me to have breakfast with him one morning and told me very clearly that the Ordinariate [creating by the Catholic Church to accommodate alienated Anglicans] was quite unnecessary and that the church needs us as Anglicans.
:puke: